Facebook Page

Posted: 10/15/2018 3:38:30 PM
Jason

A quick note to let you know that I've deleted my personal Facebook page. I think that might also mean the Theremin World Facebook page is gone too, but since I'm not on Facebook anymore, I can't really verify that.

I made this tough decision for multiple reasons. The recent Facebook privacy breach was the main catalyst, but that started me thinking about how much of our personal information is available on the web. When I saw how many advertisers had uploaded their contact lists to Facebook with my information (over 850), that put me over the edge.

Another reason is that I was continuously distracted on a daily basis by all the "news" on Facebook. Reading all that news makes you feel like you've actually accomplished something. When I looked back at my big accomplishments over the past couple of years, however, I realized just how wrong I was. 

It is my hope that with a renewed focus, I can be a better steward of the non-Facebook theremin community. To all those who continue to visit this site and our forums on a regular basis, I thank you deeply for your commitment.

For now, we'll continue our presence on Twitter and Instagram. Please feel free to tag us on either platform if you want retweets or reposts for your theremin-related activities.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.