Make the 2020 Phoenix Electrodeum Classic – Free PCB – Easy Parts List

Posted: 1/3/2020 12:25:47 AM
oldtemecula

Posted: 3/4/2020 5:38:00 PM
oldtemecula

After twenty years of exciting research I ordered the PCB boards today for the most original Classic Theremin approach.

A two weekend build project

This makes that theremin Pro seem silly!
Perfect Pitch Field Linearity of 7 octaves
Static Discharge Proof
No Thermal drift

Phoenix a Sound to die for

"The Swan" (Saint-Saëns) on Moog Epro $10,000
Performed by Randy George - Priceless

"The Swan" (Saint-Saëns) on T-Vox Tour ???
Performed by Lydia Kavina - Priceless

"The Swan" (Saint-Saëns) on Phoenix $100
Performed by Valery S of Russia - Priceless

Edit: I told someone I could make their EWS sound like this but they would have to give up their Thierry bass mod, 
they decided against it. A beautiful upper end is reflective of a gritty low end.

Christopher
www.Hwy79.com

Posted: 3/5/2020 2:11:30 PM
dewster

"Perfect Pitch Field Linearity of 7 octaves"  - oldtemecula

http://www.thereminworld.com/forums/T/33001?post=217237#217237

"Static Discharge Proof"

http://www.thereminworld.com/forums/T/33005?post=217272#217272

Guessing the validity of the remaining claims is left as an exercise for the reader.

Posted: 3/11/2020 8:23:28 PM
dewster

"In my above post I compare two highly coveted theremin designs to my very own Phoenix which was nominated as best original design for 2020."  - oldtemecula

The Phoenix was nominated as best original design for 2020 by what award bestowing body?  And 2020 has barely gotten going, aren't they being a bit premature?

Posted: 3/11/2020 11:41:08 PM
dewster

"The Phoenix was nominated as best original design for 2020 by what award bestowing body?" - moi

*crickets*

"I took you off restriction temporarily, make use of it." - oldtemecula

Translation: my IP address is being tracked.  Kind of a dick move IMO.  Homey ain't clicking on shit.

Posted: 3/19/2020 1:24:34 PM
dewster

"One of many original ideas in my modular build research is the volume & pitch builds are completely interchangeable." - oldtemecula

This is pretty common when the axes will be processed digitally.  Livio was doing this with his axis oscillator, I'm doing it with my prototype, etc.

[EDIT] What's up with your latest gigantic nonsense graphic?

Posted: 3/29/2020 8:16:37 PM
oldtemecula

I have my builders now and want to thank them for their interest. This has been a twenty year journey for me. If you add up the yearly investment I made for the success of each of these final builders, I invested at a minimum of $2000 in each of you. I will not say who you are as you will be recognized by your original classic sound.

I shared everything openly in how I got my results for the last ten years to unfortunately be dismissed by the misguided. Now my research goes private so the final builders will be special, even unique when their theremin dream is realized.

My advice is to always get a sound sample of any theremin design you have interest. Most designers were not invited and post their failed nonsense.

Christopher

Posted: 4/2/2020 12:10:01 AM
oldtemecula

TW needs some entertainment so bring in the clowns.

I have discovered the theremin is a simple device that will kick the ass of most engineers. My sample above where Master Thereminist Valery is playing is two years ago while special knowledge continues to feed into my creativity. 

Invent is not the proper word in what I do, like Lev Sergeyevich Termen the theremin led us both to her discovery. She exists outside of computer modeling as those rules or assumptions are not sufficient to achieve her desired outcome.

Perfect Pitch Field linearity up to 6 octaves of any width.
The Classic Old School Fat Sound, not a cheap whistle or kazoo.
Output Mono/Stereo selectable for computer input.
Drift resistant in normal use
Mic to Line level Output adjust
Pitch Preview with Amp
Static Discharge Proof

This combination below is a one weekend (3 hr) paint by number $50 build, how lucky those builders she selected.

I told one engineer that I do not draw schematics rather "I listen" and draw circuit boards. Notice the minimum electronics and how I enjoy the use of hardware. The small L1 & L2 coils (proprietary) are left off as engineers mocked how I used them, as a matter of fact some mock everything outside of their own understanding. (sad)

Two identical boards are required for standard Pitch & Volume. Using one board for Pitch there are other very creative methods to do Volume Control for multiple voices or moving seamlessly while jumping octaves.

Christopher

dewster why are you always pooping on my foot, peeing on my leg was bad enough. I have nothing to sell, the Market is yours. You create the friction if there is any between us. This behavior probably followed you through your career.

Posted: 4/2/2020 2:09:12 PM
dewster

"Perfect Pitch Field linearity up to 6 octaves of any width.
The Classic Old School Fat Sound, not a cheap whistle or kazoo.
Output Mono/Stereo selectable for computer input.
Drift resistant in normal use
Mic to Line level Output adjust
Pitch Preview with Amp
Static Discharge Proof" - oldtemecula

Ironically, this (at least partially false) list was clearly and directly "inspired" by engineers, designers, and builders here at TW, as they have identified, discussed, quantified, and worked on these very issues.  The Phoenix "project" hasn't added anything to this body of work.

Posted: 1/4/2021 8:43:55 AM
ILYA

47th minute - Valery plays Christopher's Phoenix:
https://youtu.be/DK6B3CUraF0?t=2846

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.