Etherwave grounding Europe

Posted: 9/12/2020 6:56:00 PM
Chappelle

Reverb?

Smooths everything out and blurs your errors. Once you get good you do not need it - just like vibrato.

I use reverb while recording multitrack, mix it, then listen to it with and without reverb. Then I decide.

Lately I leave it off unless it is a mood thing. It makes your playing crisper and you can hear detail and  nuance which is the theremin's REAL asset - reverb conceals that asset.

If you play fast, staccato or pizzicato reverb hides it and kills your efforts.

Keep in mind that YOU ARE THE ASSET. You really want to hide yourself?

Sometimes. Especially now.

Rupert 

Posted: 9/12/2020 6:56:02 PM
Chappelle

Reverb?

Smooths everything out and blurs your errors. Once you get good you do not need it - just like vibrato.

I use reverb while recording multitrack, mix it, then listen to it with and without reverb. Then I decide.

Lately I leave it off unless it is a mood thing. It makes your playing crisper and you can hear detail and  nuance which is the theremin's REAL asset - reverb conceals that asset.

Rupert 

Posted: 9/12/2020 6:56:05 PM
Chappelle

Reverb?

Rupert 

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.