Claravox Centennial Theremin - Post Your Thoughts Here

Posted: 3/4/2021 5:03:31 PM
kellfire

I reached out to Sweetwater today and they said that they should start shipping within a week.  Unfortunately, I ordered mine mid-November, so I won’t see mine for a bit but maybe I could have mine in a month or two?

Hey everybody,
I've been enjoying your updates since the end of December when I started feverishly following this thread. I ordered mine through Sweetwater back on 10/25 and have been getting the subsequent runaround ever since. Last Monday the sales guy there said approximately late March/ early April but who knows. If they are saying now shipping in a week, my head is gonna explode with excitement and/or disappointment. Hopefully our collective waits will soon be over (not holding breath). 
Figners crossed! 
K

Posted: 3/4/2021 5:48:00 PM
feflower

Sorry I thought I would be going to Cosmo Music yesterday, but something came up.
I most likely will go tomorrow (Friday).
Perhaps I should call ahead....again....?

Posted: 3/4/2021 6:02:23 PM
feflower

Sorry I thought I would be going to Cosmo Music yesterday, but something came up.I most likely will go tomorrow (Friday).Perhaps I should call ahead....again....?

Called just in case (not a short drive for me).
They said "nope! not in."

I also asked how many were ordered for Cosmo Music. 
They said just mine.

Well. Let's keep waiting.

Posted: 3/4/2021 6:13:25 PM
Guillaume

"Currently MOOG has not released any Claravox Centennial Theremin's to anyone.The product is still in production and in the pre-sale stage." .

"pre-sale" suggests that this 'limited' edition is still taking orders; which I'm totes fine with (more people to play with!). I fear it might also suggest that the first batch of products is nowhere near finished... maybe they're waiting to complete all orders before sending them out? That'd be a shame for those of you who've placed an order back in October. I'm a January order - at this rate, I'll have received the Covid vaccination before the Claravox. Meh.

Posted: 3/11/2021 7:47:26 PM
bendra

Control Voltage in Portland just forwarded me the following message; pasting verbatim:

Claravox Centennial Production Update

Thank you for your continued patience as it relates to the unexpected Claravox Centennial production delays we have experienced over the last several months. It is important to me, and to all of us here at the Moog factory, that you are informed about the progress of your instrument and what to expect at this time.

It is our intention that every Claravox Centennial that leaves our factory is built to last and be passed down for generations. As such, we have been incredibly particular about the components and materials that go into building this limited-edition instrument. Unfortunately, we have struggled in receiving materials from vendors that meet our high standards of quality that we expect and that you deserve.

Due to these material challenges, completion of our qualification stage has been delayed. However, we have made great progress in overcoming these challenges to deliver to you an instrument of exceptional quality, and production of Claravox Centennial will begin in our Asheville, NC factory in May.

I understand and share your disappointment about the extended waiting period for the production and delivery of this instrument. I want to see this instrument in your hands more than anyone.

In order to keep communication open and transparent, we will be updating dealers with our progress on a regular basis so that they can inform you of the latest details for your Claravox Centennial’s arrival. We will also be keeping this page up to date with the latest information at all times. 

We are committed to making sure that Claravox Centennial looks and functions as beautifully as it plays, and for it to truly honor the instrument’s namesake: Clara Rockmore. Again, I thank you for your patience as we bring this theremin to life, and I’m sorry that we were not able to meet our original ship date commitment to you.

Please know that we are doing everything in our control to expedite this process while ensuring your instrument is built with quality and care. I can assure you that it is worth the wait.

Mike Adams, President/CEO Moog Music

I wrote back asking if there is a page I should be following for updates, as indicated in the message. I will post it if I get anything.

Posted: 3/11/2021 8:01:13 PM
ContraDude

I can confirm that the message is correct. I had sent a rather strong letter to Moog last week about their lack of communication regarding the Claravox  (as well as another issue - regarding the fact that the Theremini Advanced Software Editor hasn’t been updated in six years). I told Moog that they really needed to update us in a regular basis so we didn’t have to rely on secondhand information and rumors regarding the Claravox. I also told them that most of us (their customers) don’t bite and would certainly understand delays, as long as we are kept informed. 

To their credit, they took my whines seriously. They sent me a kind letter with an advanced copy of the above this morning. I thanked them and was going to wait until they posted the above publicly. It appears as if they’re sending it out now. They’re supposed to post the letter on their web site sometime today. I’m glad we’ve finally getting an official response from Moog. I think it a responsible thing for them to do.

Posted: 3/12/2021 1:29:12 AM
kellfire

Thanks for the update and for keeping up the pressure. I guess it'll be a great Halloween present. 

Posted: 3/12/2021 2:07:02 AM
pitts8rh

I fixed the name for them, just in case the delays run on ...

Posted: 3/12/2021 5:42:20 AM
CB Thereminist

Well... at least we have some real news, even though the projected date is somewhat disheartening to hear.

Still, I'm glad Moog has communicated with us. This gives me hope that there are people working hard to get this instrument to its buyers with no compromises made to quality. I wonder if the stands will end up shipping before the theremins do? It would be quite comical, seeing all of the Claravox Stand photography in here with Etherwave Plusses atop them...

Posted: 3/12/2021 9:02:19 AM
Guillaume

I fixed the name for them, just in case the delays run on ...

This is genius.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.