Tremolo pedals

Posted: 3/5/2021 12:28:32 PM
scifigene

Having seen Carolina Eyck's Bumblebee video I've been playing with a tremolo pedal and trying to apply this technique. (I am in no danger of succeeding, this is very much tilting at windmills.) I'd like to be able to play the Minute Waltz, but this requires switching between tremolo and legato for different sections, and the mini-pedal I'm using has a clicker action that is far too clumsy for this - need to be able to pedal on/pedal off smoothly. Has anyone found a pedal or other device that works more smoothly? I'm playing a Gaudi open theremin, and the current pedal is a fairly cheap Donner tremolo.

Thanks for any advice.

Posted: 3/6/2021 5:41:46 PM
bendra

You can replace your (latching?) switch on the pedal with a soft touch momentary switch. Numerous YouTube videos on how to replace the switch, or a good electronics repair shop can do it for you. Of course this will invalidate anything that looks like a warranty for the pedal...

Posted: 3/6/2021 8:35:04 PM
bendra

Thinking out loud, you could also use an expression pedal, if the tremolo pedal has expression input for depth

Posted: 3/7/2021 3:04:36 PM
94prs22

This might be a great option:
EB Expression Trem

Brandon

Posted: 3/8/2021 12:00:43 PM
scifigene

You can replace your (latching?) switch on the pedal with a soft touch momentary switch. Numerous YouTube videos on how to replace the switch, or a good electronics repair shop can do it for you. Of course this will invalidate anything that looks like a warranty for the pedal...

Thank you, sounds like a good option - will see what I can do

Posted: 3/8/2021 12:01:47 PM
scifigene

This might be a great option:EB Expression TremBrandon

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into this although will probably go with replacing the switch for the moment.

Posted: 10/24/2021 7:07:32 PM
sharonhook

This might be a great option:EB Expression TremBrandon

Good solution ))) The human hand is a very complex mechanical system, the main task of which is to perform complex and precise highly differential actions. The sequence of movements is set by the human brain: the program is formed in the motor area of the cerebral cortex, after which it is transmitted to the muscles along the nerve trunks. And the muscles, which are continuously fed with nutrients and oxygen from the blood vessels, in turn move the bones and joints. You can find out how this affects the choice of tremolo on the writemyessay website. Read it - it's very interesting

Posted: 10/24/2021 9:37:31 PM
Yngvox Moogsteen

I use a Vox Tonelab it has a lot of good sounds including amp modeling.  The vibrato and tremolo are both excellent.  Also some good  reverb and modulation effects and a volume pedal you can use as a mute.  The effect runs everything through a real tube at the end.  It is very nice.

Posted: 10/25/2021 6:13:36 AM
DreadVox

Yeah I'm also very fond of them, I initially got a ToneLab ST and later on also got the blue desktop model (in which it is also very easy to change out the double-triode tube). I first got them for guitar, but for theremin they are great as well. Among the efects I find useful: the compression on lowest setting for a staccato attack, the acoustic effect for bowed strig instrument emulation, the octave effect, the chorusses and phaser set to a low modulation speed, tremolo, the filtron / auto wah set to (almost) lowest sensitivity for a formant effect, the tape echo emulation and the delay, and the reverbs. The amp models that have good clean headroom fit well (The pure clean tube eq, Cali Clean & USA Blues Fender types and the VOX AC15 and AC30).

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.