Actual information on Claravox

Posted: 10/14/2021 5:08:01 PM
Guillaume

Stats for those keeping track:

6/7th Jan 2021 - Ordered from a small, independent local music store (Edinburgh, UK)
14th Oct 2021 - Received (we hadn't received any notice, it just turned up at the shop!)
SN:  A beautiful 00250. I love it. It's a great serial number. So satisfying.

General comments:
*The instrument is in pristine condition ("as new", or indeed, "new" )
*The stand packaging was almost plastic free, and I do think they did their best on the claravox packaging itself to reduce plastic as much as possible
*The instrument arrived completely untuned (to the point that my catastrophist nature assumed it had been damaged: couldn't reduce the sound to 0, volume stupidly high, and null point was somewhere an inch away from the antenna). I just had to do the 'max/min' adjustments for the antennas, and it magically started acting as my finger muscle memory expected
*So far, so good

Posted: 10/18/2021 9:50:30 PM
Yngvox Moogsteen

I think I got a Claravox on the way.  Found it under weird circumstances.   Wish me luck...

Posted: 10/19/2021 2:54:46 PM
Yngvox Moogsteen

If you have to wait for a stand what is a good low profile mic stand to substitute for the Claravox.

Posted: 10/19/2021 5:37:34 PM
Yngvox Moogsteen

333 is on the way...It was a miracle. Pitbull Audio rules,!!!!

Posted: 10/19/2021 10:46:32 PM
SplineReticulator

Got a notification from Sweetwater that my Claravox is shipping. No idea about the serial number or anything yet but I placed the order on October 24, 2020 for anyone else in the Sweetwater waiting line.

Posted: 10/20/2021 12:09:58 AM
Peragere

Got a notification from Sweetwater that my Claravox is shipping. No idea about the serial number or anything yet but I placed the order on October 24, 2020 for anyone else in the Sweetwater waiting line.

You had me curious of when I ordered mine! A quick look and I ordered mine in Australia with "StoreDJ" on the 9th November 2020 at 1:12am... I believe I was umming and ahhhing over it as a gift for the wife, woke up in the middle of the night and ordered it on a whim. Ha.

Hope it works out for you.

Posted: 10/20/2021 6:45:34 PM
Thomas

I was on the notify list at BHPhoto. Yesterday they sent me an email that some came in. I ordered one, they shipped it and 20 hours later I received it. I just opened it up. I got serial number 500. Looks great.  They didn’t have the stand, and I don’t have a mic stand. Guess I’ll need to order one. 

I had a Claravox on order at Sweetwater for almost a year. Guess I can cancel that!

Hope I don’t have any of the quality issues reported!

Posted: 10/21/2021 3:38:49 PM
SplineReticulator

Well this is annoying.

Good news: the Claravox arrived today.
Bad news: the serial number is less than 100.

Do I just immediately turn around and send it to Moog?
Why did it take so long to get it? I guess I'll contact Sweetwater and Moog to figure out where this Claravox came from and if it might have already been upgraded.

Posted: 10/21/2021 10:48:30 PM
Op106

Just received my Claravox (serial number 370) that I ordered from B&H on December 3rd 2020.

It is beautiful and a pleasure to play except...
In traditional mode, no matter how close I get to the volume antenna there is always a faint tone audible through the line out and headphone out. So no matter what I do I am playing with ghostly glissandi between every note.

I emailed Moog and they said to fiddle with the volume trim pot but even over-adjusting to the point of an unresponsive instrument leaves me with the quiet tone. I've emailed them back and will update here if they have a real solution for me.

I know others have reported this leaky sound issue as well so if anybody has been able to resolve the problem (other than by only playing in modern mode), I would love to hear about what you did.

Posted: 10/22/2021 10:56:22 PM
Mennenth

Well this is annoying.Good news: the Claravox arrived today.Bad news: the serial number is less than 100.Do I just immediately turn around and send it to Moog?Why did it take so long to get it? I guess I'll contact Sweetwater and Moog to figure out where this Claravox came from and if it might have already been upgraded.

I got mine today from Sweetwater. Its serial number is also less than 100. 89, to be precise. I also have no clue how the heck it took so long to get 89 when people are getting them deep into the 400's at this point (a user in the facebook group has gotten 467). Honestly though? I like the number 89.

Regardless, I went ahead and assembled mine. I noticed on unpacking that while the pitch antenna came in a plastic sleeve that was sealed on both ends... the volume antenna was in a sleeve that was open on the flat end that goes into the body and it did look like someone took that flat spot to a grinder. So it could be that this late in the game, any of the 155 and unders that havent been sent out yet have gotten the repairs/upgrade.

So far I have not had any issues with mine, though admittedly I've only messed around with it for about an hour so far before coming online to report my findings. I'll continue to monitor how it goes; based on testimonies of others it seems that if its going to fail, it will do so a day or two later.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.