Theremin Lovers Donate

Posted: 9/30/2012 2:36:26 PM
omhoge

Don't under estimate the passion of theremin lovers.  

For a few years a local regional theater and I have been exploring ways to help raise money and promote the theremin.  After the success of featuring the theremin in an annual benefit performance, we decided to include private theremin events in this year's silent auction, which was part of a massive and critical fundraising effort for the theater.   

The theremin events not only sold but brought in substantial donations.  The patrons who won the theremin premiums are extremely excited about the instrument.  

It's a very real and positive sign that knowledge of our crazy antenna box has not only grown, but has become something valuable to people who love music and who feel strongly about supporting the arts in this country.

You may be able to help your favorite causes, whatever they are, with your theremin talents more than your wallet.  The Fall and Winter are big fundraising times for many organizations, and your donation of time and talent could make a big difference.  Don't be shy of offering your music or custom insturments, it may be worth more than you'd ever expect!

KEEP ON PLAYING

Posted: 12/5/2012 6:01:04 PM
omhoge

Well my "donation" of a private concert and a private lesson worked well.  It got the theater a very nice chunk of change, more than I've ever been paid for a single show, and the concert/lesson combo is this weekend.

It's great timing for my love of Christmas music which I rarely get to perform except for family and neighbors.  What is most moving and encouraging to me is how much these patrons love the theremin and the theater they donated to.  They're arranging a group of friends to come hear the concert, this is going to be some great theremin outreach as well.

I hope some other folks found ways to donate their theremin talent too.  In a few days I'll post about some causes I'd suggest to donate to with our wallets. Till then...

KEEP ON PLAYING!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.