A Theremin Performance for the Ages

Posted: 7/28/2014 9:11:49 PM
Touchless

Greg reminded me of the younger generation taking the place of my own. We were once great but the time is nearing to let go. He is so unassuming, never visits TW to prove how bitch'en he is, I have no idea what meaning the music has but the whole package is very telling. Without a pitch-preview no less!!! I think I will adopt him, no Peter already has.

Posted: 7/28/2014 10:06:02 PM
dewster

Wow, quite something!  Very little glissando, he just jumps right to most notes and pretty much nails them.

Note the elbow anchored to his side and the seemingly rather cramped note distances (it looks kind of uncomfortable - someone needs to make a Theremin with a linear 2 octave range spread out over 1/2 meter or so).

Posted: 8/3/2014 8:11:51 PM
Touchless

I am amazed that after posting this profound performance, a week ago, it did not receive more feedback from the TW community. It goes to show the theremin may be on its last leg of public interest.

This is a classic performance, for those that do not understand the word. Everything in my Shop tries to reflect classic as it is made of Wood, Metal, Glass and Bakelite. You will find no digital or cheap plastic, so no Mattel toys are accepted.

T

Posted: 8/3/2014 9:05:39 PM
dewster

His volume hand technique is very interesting.  He makes movements to articulate most notes, but controls the overall height so that the articulation only applies to some of them.

You could probably open the shutter of one of those old timey cameras that required several minutes of exposure and get an unblurred picture of his body and face, he's standing that stock still.

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:52:34 AM
Amethyste

I also post videos of my performances and they often go un-noticed... 

Posted: 8/4/2014 8:43:20 AM
GordonC

Not unnoticed. It's more that the forum isn't the place for two dozen "i love it" comments and it doesn't have a "like" button.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.