theremin as volume controller

Posted: 3/1/2005 7:55:21 AM

From: Undisclosed location without Dick Cheney

Joined: 2/21/2005

There are no presently manufactured MIDI theremins.

You could get an instrument with a CV output, or add one to an Etherwave (I believe it isn't very hard to do with the Etherwave), and then use a CV to MIDI converter. They're rather expensive, but they exist.

What your computer does with the resulting MIDI data is up to your software.
Posted: 5/13/2005 2:21:17 AM

From: adelaide, australia

Joined: 5/11/2005

PAiA have a theremin kit that has CV out, and they also have a CV-midi kit, so that would be able to do it.

and if you get the new midi jaycar theremin
you could use a program like midiox to convert the note data into cc data.
Posted: 5/14/2005 9:27:34 AM

From: Raleigh NC, USA

Joined: 2/19/2005

It's not midi at all, but Zachary Vex makes a theremin volume control circuit as a stompbox.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.