Posted: 9/2/2008 11:28:57 AM

From: Richmond Hill, Georgia

Joined: 9/18/2005

It looks to be about a 50% percent chance we'll have to evacuate our home to escape Hanna's wrath. My wife and kids come first and we would
need to leave if things get really dicey here. If Hanna is more than a Cat 1 we're hitting the road.

However, we would be traveling very light, taking just our cars, two fussin' younguns, two fussier Italian greyhounds (the other two younguns), food, pictures, papers, and a cdrom with photos of the house, etc.

What to do about Gabriella? The best I can come up with is to put her in an interior closet and cover with plastic. How do I justify to an
insurance company what she's worth? A well known thereminist ventured that the theremin was worth a lot more than I have invested in it.

Philip Neidlinger
Richmond Hill, GA
Posted: 9/2/2008 5:27:01 PM

From: Colmar, France

Joined: 12/31/2007

I'd take Gabriella under all circumstances with me, she is irreplaceable. If you travel with two cars and have only two children, you should find a place for her. If not, what about renting a trailer?

But I hope for you that this discussion stays academic and that you may stay safely at home.
Posted: 9/3/2008 10:03:17 AM

From: Richmond Hill, Georgia

Joined: 9/18/2005

ITs appearing academic now. The majority of the forecast tracks are showing it NOT hitting here. Keep your fingers crossed.


You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.