Let's Design and Build a (mostly) Digital Theremin!

Posted: 5/30/2020 12:40:08 PM
tinkeringdude

Let's see whether certain noise sources can be amplitude-modulated by calling them out on their BS.

I saw one thing that made sense to me, though:
If there really is a danger of this forum going away, that would be quite a shame with regards to this thread, which documents a long R&D journey in some detail, that many could learn from a thing or ten.
Would be neat if there was some way of grabbing the content to store it in some way, optimally with intact markup and images.

Posted: 5/30/2020 4:24:29 PM
oldtemecula

I do not have inside info on the longevity of TW but due to every coincidence on my twenty year journey Jason did his part, 
what I accomplished was not done alone. TW no longer needs to support my research.

dewster, Use Fireshot a chrome extension to capture each TW webpage. Save files with the page number first so they stay in order.

The best way I can see to save your thread is capture each page as a PDF file, this captures everything including images and allows all the links to continue to work, most will lead back to TW. 214 pages you could save in one weekend. Each page is about 1.3 megs in size.

Each page save takes less than 30 seconds.

Samples

Then again you could pony up and pay the $400 a year to keep the TW site running? It does advertise digital.

Christopher

Edit: After you save the 214 pages on your own website, then go back to the TW page-1 index and change all the links to point to your new webpage address. Then recapture the page to PDF. Once you have saved pages any image you wanted to use somewhere else can be done by a Alt-PrintScreen capture. Even if TW stands for another 20 years what I have mentioned is practical common sense.

Posted: 5/30/2020 5:35:56 PM
dewster

"Would be neat if there was some way of grabbing the content to store it in some way, optimally with intact markup and images."  - tinkeringdude

I've been saving the pages in Firefox using the native "to html" option which doesn't save images, but does give fairly clean text.

Trying out a Firefox plugin called "SingleFile" which crams the images into the html file too.  Looks like tons 'o crap in the text editor, but it renders fine.  I'm sure many of the links wouldn't stay internal though, so my first index post would be broken.

"I do not have inside info on the longevity of TW..."  - oldtemecula

Then maybe you could stop with all the insinuating that it's going away, it's really disrespectful.  Maybe you don't care about this place anymore, but the rest of us are still here.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.