Etherwave Plus for $250 in Los Angeles

Posted: 8/3/2015 10:47:44 AM
randy george

There seems to be the same unusual high frequency sounds in both files, so it's probably not a compression issue.  I think it may be low level RF noise modulating the signal at certain frequencies.  I am listening with "in-ear" monitors... so I'm hearing things very clearly. It's likely that some of these sounds that feel odd to me are not audible when listening with speakers.  It's all very subjective stuff.  I will agree about the Factory Etherwave tone, that it's too muffled.   The evolving harmonics are where the juicy lush interesting stuff is.  But different listeners will have different preferences as to what sounds pleasant.

It seems like this discussion could evolve and have nothing to do with the original topic, which does not really have a mysterious ending anymore.  Maybe start a new thread topic?  I'm not sure of what roll-over is. :P

Posted: 8/3/2015 2:46:08 PM
oldtemecula

Randy thanks for the input, I need to figure out a method to visually display what you hear. I may have a method already but don't recognize aliasing when I see it.

The roll-over is when the thread continues onto a new page, it gets my ramble out of direct view. (-'

PS: Look at our Avatar pictures, good thing it is not mating season, definitely different dinning taste. LOL

Christopher

Edit: Think I figured out how to view this aliasing, I put a graph on the previous page.

Posted: 8/4/2015 5:27:30 AM
randy george

Great Christopher,  the graph is definitely not lying to us :)  I guess the challenge is hearing the anomalous component in the first place. 

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.