THEREMIN - Rocky Horror Picture Show - MICHIGAN

Posted: 2/17/2009 12:18:08 PM
FrankInFuLL

Stagecrafters in Royal Oak, Michigan is bringing the musical production of Rocky Horror Picture Show to their 2nd stage Feb 27th-March 15th.

I will be playing the part of Rocky Horror in addition to playing Theremin. After being cast; the supportive and creative staff worked with me to incorporate the instrument.

While on stage in character I will be playing my B3 Deluxe in a featured section. ("I'm Going Home" for those of you RHPS fans) I also have the pleasure of performing with the pit musicians at various points throughout the show off stage.

Stagecrafters as a whole has been amazing to work with. This exciting theremin opportunity is only icing on the cake.

Ticket information can be found here:www.Stagecrafters.org (http://www.stagecrafters.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41&Itemid=106)

Feel free to contact me with any comments or questions!

-Frank H
myspace.com/frankinfull
Posted: 2/17/2009 12:48:06 PM
fairplay

...wishing you loads of fun...

...its almost twentyfive years ago that i was playing 'Brad'...and i still remember it was lots of fun...even when one evening after the show some idiot tried to grab one of the - half-nacked - girls backstage and when i intervened he reorganised my teeth in such a way that i am reminded to this to this day ;o) ...

...had no idea that theremins existed back then, though...what will you do with it? - i mean, what part will it sing?
Posted: 2/17/2009 2:04:33 PM
FrankInFuLL

Thank you for the fun wishes! & ::YIKES:: in response to your backstage experience! It is admirable however that you did intervene.....given the behavior and dress code that CAN be associated with the show.

The body of music I am to play is a composite of many voices and variables. Growing up being a huge fan of the show helped in developing a theremin part by far.

Posted: 2/19/2009 7:36:55 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Oh Yes! About a year ago I posted here that RHPS needed a Theremin.. and "Im going home" is the ideal location for a Theremin part.. All you now need to do for ultimate authenticity, is to construct a trident like antenna - make it look like the lazer weapon used in that scene..
I wish the show was in the U.K. - Hope you get a video (particularly of the Theremin part)and post this online somewhere..
Good luck and have fun!
Posted: 2/19/2009 8:43:56 AM
FrankInFuLL

I'm glad you agree on the selection of music! We are working to emulate the revival version. The score allows even more room for theremin than film soundtrack.

There will be video and photos (which may or may not contain a trident antenna LOL)

Thank you :-D

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.