heavy metal?

Posted: 9/8/2009 2:15:24 PM
Dubersive

I really dig it, Gordon :)

Very grungy and atmospheric - were all the sounds on that video made by a theremin? Or did you use a bass guitar too?

I liked the video as well, I thought it went nicely with the sound and feel of the song.
Posted: 9/8/2009 3:17:05 PM
GordonC

Yup. I recorded a single track by holding my Gakken near the mic on my MacBook, then copied it onto three of four tracks on GarageBand.

The first I quantised, pitch shifted down, deleted all but the first few notes and looped it to make the bass riff.

The others I left whole but shifted them different amounts time-wise and gave different treatments to make the midrange sounds and the feedback screams. The voice in the background at the end was a voice in the background while I was recording it in a kitchen full of people.

Er, I think. It was nearly two years ago.

Oh, and I recall now that the video was originally footage of an iron foundry. So there is a bit of heavy metal in it!
Posted: 9/8/2009 4:22:13 PM
teslatheremin

Gordon,
That musical sound manipulation is one of my favorites of your budding discography!
Continued Good Luck!
teslatheremin

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.