theremin scores - new webpage

Posted: 11/15/2010 2:29:39 AM
coco

on etheremin (http://www.etheremin.com), i've created a new webpage dedicated to unpublished theremin scores. Some scores can be download for free.
Anyone that has composed or arranged something can post his score and decide on a price for it.

The idea is just to collect what's been written for the theremin, so that theremin players have an easy access to those scores.

Check it out !! (http://www.etheremin.com/theremin/partitions.html)
Posted: 11/15/2010 6:37:00 AM
coalport

Coco,

I have page-by-page high resolution jpeg files of the original manuscript of Anis Fuleihan's score for his CONCERTO FOR THEREMIN AND ORCHESTRA, as well as his own adaptation of the work for theremin and piano (which he called CONCERTINO FOR THEREMIN AND PIANO).

I would be happy to share these with you if you are interested in putting them on your website.

J'ai aussi dans mes archives, d'autres informations (sous forme de dossier téléchargeable), en langue française, concerant le thérémin, ses principes et ses origines. Je veux bien partager ces documents s'ils vous intéressent.
Posted: 11/15/2010 12:26:48 PM
Thierry

Dear coalport,

since I help coco from time to time with the etheremin website, you may send me all materials by email so that I can pre-process them (convert into pdf etc.) before transmitting them to coco for publication.

Thank you for your support. The French speaking Theremin community is still very small and we'd be glad to attract more people by publishing interesting informations.
Posted: 11/15/2010 3:03:18 PM
coco

coalport,

thank you so much for this kind offer, that would be much appreciated.

Please contact me on contact(at)etheremin(dot)com so that we can discuss the use of this material, copyright issues, etc.

Thierry, thank you for your helping offer, i will let you know if i'm lost and if your informatics and engineer skills are required ;-)
Posted: 11/16/2010 8:38:15 AM
robonil

Mr. Coalport

It´s very interesting your offer, i´ve wait for long time to see that score, the Fuleihan's Concerto, could you send me a copy please, thank you. thereminchile(at)gmail(dot)com
Posted: 11/16/2010 12:16:46 PM
coalport

I have sent the files for the Fuleihan CONCERTO FOR THEREMIN AND ORCHESTRA to "coco" at the address she gave above and am presuming that she will make them available on the ethermin website.

It was the wish of the late Clara Rockmore that the material in her personal archive be made available free of charge to anyone wishing access to it. The archive itself is housed at the University of Maryland but there are people who live on the other side of the world who are vitally interested in it but who may never get to see it.

SPEAKING OF WHICH - I urge anyone who, like myself, is a frequent user of WIKIPEDIA to consider a small donation to the WIKIPEDIA website. It is a free access site without any advertising and if it is to remain that way it must be supported financially. I use the site several times a week and have found it invaluable (and occasionally inaccurate) but the positives far outweigh the negatives. A donation is very simple. Just go to the WIKIPEDIA site and they'll tell you what to do.

Posted: 11/17/2010 6:27:53 AM
coco

Of course: the material will be published on etheremin and will be available for everyone, as Clara Rockmore wished.
I am very honored that etheremin can offer that service to the theremin community.
I created this new webpage because i thought there might be a need for it, for composers, as well as for users. I am glad to notice it is indeed the case.

I will let everyone know on this forum and via facebook when he Fuleihan CONCERTO FOR THEREMIN AND ORCHESTRA is online.
Posted: 11/17/2010 4:59:32 PM
iridescentgreen

Will any part of the website ever be translated into English? It looks like a great resource, though.
Posted: 11/18/2010 5:13:53 PM
coco

it is likely to happen, especially this page, just need more hours in a day to do it ;-)
Posted: 1/13/2016 12:46:22 PM
Patronus

Hello everyone! 

I am looking for the score of the Fuleihan concerto, is there anyone that can help me? 

I found nothing on http://www.etheremin.com.

Thank you!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.