Inserting small objects in threads?

Posted: 1/24/2009 7:40:24 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Is there any way to attach an object to a posting? I often want to insert a small diagram or section of schematic, but end up having to create a text aproximation, for example ->|--[==]- to show diode and resistor, or other text 'diagrams' to show pinning for inductor..

The ability to upload small image files would help - Ideally, the ability to upload .pdf's ....

If possible without major difficulty, please could we have this?
Posted: 1/24/2009 9:08:40 PM
Thierry

This wouldn't be bad, but I fear that it could cause server problems...

If I have files to "attach" I invite people to contact me by email/msn/skype in order to transfer these files directly.

Out of that you may upload pdfs to your webspace and post a link here.
Posted: 1/25/2009 11:38:25 AM
omhoge

You can always use links to files you host on your website or blogs.

Please use the mark up technique in on the forum tips page to prevent long unbroken text strings.

Unfortunately, right now for both storage and security reasons we cannot allow general user file uploads.

hth - John
Posted: 1/25/2009 8:47:37 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

ok.. I suppose even if there were no storage problems, the security aspect makes this idea dodgy..
Its just lazyness on my part really.. it does not seem worthwhile to install a simple diagram on a web page, just to have a link for a transient thread - also, removing the web page / object later means that the link is killed..
So.. I think I will place a 'scrap-book' on lulu.com.. this way I can paste any new diagrams etc into this one 'scrapbook' and have a single link to it.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.