Interested in doing an iPhone theremin app roundup?

Posted: 8/10/2009 6:29:05 AM
Jason

If you have an iPhone and would be interested in doing an article (with audio samples) comparing and contrasting all the theremin apps for iPhone, please drop me a note at jason[at]thereminworld.com.
Posted: 8/10/2009 8:55:05 AM
GordonC

Not at the moment, I'm trying to clear my schedule ready for Hands Off, and also the kids have my computer at the moment, so I'm typing this on my iPod Touch, but a few weeks ago I tried out all of them and chose my three favourites.

1) Spooky Vibe - smoothest glissando (but not [i]very[/i] smooth) and most theremin like interface - great for making woo-woo noises for Halloween.

2) Bebot - best for playing Good Vibrations - more like a tannerin than a theremin, but with a nice flexible autotune function, basic synth sounds - sine, sawtooth, pulse, PWM, simple effects - echo, overdrive, chorus, and user definable presets.

3) Android FX - if you have a load of pedals on your effects chain and want to make architectural slabs of sound, this is the one for you. It is my personal favourite, but the least theremin like, and of the least use (probably) for old-school thereminists.
Posted: 8/10/2009 9:11:04 AM
GordonC

(I used Android FX on this (http://soundcloud.com/beat-frequency/boundary-logic-duet-for-bleep-and-booster) track on soundcloud. It does not represent the full range of possible sounds, which is extensive. The bleepy sounds are my Kees Enkelaar theremin, believe it or not.)

Also - a tip for anyone doing a review - you can take a screenshot on your iPhone or iPod Touch by pressing the button and the off switch at the same time.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.