Try our beta site

Posted: 12/1/2011 4:47:26 PM
RS Theremin

Hello Jason,

I just noticed a Joined Date error.

http://www.thereminworld.com/Forums/T/28372/melodia-battery

Possibly the year 2012 will begin the calender all over again?  1/1/0001

Also you mentioned once about having the most recent post at the Top of the first page working backward. Don't know how others would feel but if a thread can grow infinitely long it may be a good idea.

Fine work: Do you drink coffee or take aspirin?

Posted: 12/1/2011 7:17:00 PM
Jason

Thanks.  I actually fixed the bug that lets Joined Date get into that state with an update last night, but unfortunately this account was created before the bug fix.  I'll have to see if I can update the database manually to fix it.  Nothing like hacking the data on a live production site :)

I don't just drink coffee... I inhale it.  I drink about 10x more coffee than any other liquid!

Thanks for reminding me about the sort order.  I could probably make this an option in your general profile settings.  I'd also like to add a feature to let you specify your timezone so we can translate dates into something relevant to you (and posts don't appear to come from the future!).  I'll add both of these to the backlog.

At some point in the near future, I'd like to set up some sort of voting mechanism like UserVoice so people can vote on which site features they'd like to see implemented first. 

Keep the great feedback coming!

Posted: 12/1/2011 8:24:31 PM
RS Theremin

Jason,

Just for humor there was a time MS DOS was king and I was a master. Z80 & 8080 processors programed in Assembly were my mental stimulus instead of Pong.

Only in the past ten years I found Visual Basic and C or C++ much more acceptable.

Now as a hacker I would take that 1/1/0001date and change it in the hex code  to 1/1/2012 that would keep the address spacing proper and would be an honor for someone I think?

I figured out that in all your text boxes turning on my spell check is found using a right mouse click in Mozilla Firefox. Thank goodness.

Christopher

Posted: 12/1/2011 11:15:47 PM
Jason

If you could sort posts to show most recent first, would you want the reply box at the top of the page or at the bottom?  I'm considering shifting it based on how you sort...

Posted: 12/1/2011 11:24:32 PM
RS Theremin

I don't know how you do all this fancy feature add-in stuff but my first thought would be to have the text box open like a mini floating webpage box on top of the original webpage after clicking post. This would make responding to any post on that page visible.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.