Corrupting the next generation

Posted: 8/26/2010 9:03:18 PM
DiggyDog

Sort of on-topic. Here is a video of my son. Part of the video has him playing theremin in the back yard. There is also one of me making moise on the thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DauSAaQa3Vo

This was my submission for the "Life In A Day" film project.
Posted: 8/27/2010 12:46:03 PM
Brian R

Digs: Well, of course it's on-topic; even a single young mind damaged represents a step forward.

I love the Barbie-head on the pitch rod, though I have to admit I love even more the sight of a Cooper Mini with a Hot Wheels logo.
Posted: 10/29/2010 5:28:47 PM
Thomas Grillo

Another 400 young minds corrupted on theremin at Maddison Middle School. 8 hours of repeating the same thing to a hundred groups of 3 to 5 at a time, and only 5 minutes to give the history, technicals, demo, and let them at it. I'm dog tired.
Posted: 10/29/2010 7:16:41 PM
Jeff S

It almost sounds like work. But now there's 400 young people who've had an awesome experience many of us never had at their age.

Were there any who seemed to take to it like a duck to water?
Posted: 10/29/2010 7:21:22 PM
Thomas Grillo

It's a labor of love to do this. It's the third time I've been invited to bring the theremin to a Science Fun Day event.

Yes, there was one young lad who just walked up to the theremin after watching me demo a scale, and was actually able to reproduce the scale, and arpegio exactly. And it was caught on camera as the documentary producer was able to record this event. I made sure to give the kid serious credit for being able to do that. :)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.