Hands Off Music From The Ether

Posted: 10/2/2008 11:07:01 AM
Thomas Grillo

Allthough this would go well in my progress section, I think it's better suited here in that it is a bit of world thereminization.

Today, Jackson Free Press ran the interview story they did on me while I was doing my usual Saturday appearance at the guitar shop. Here's a couple of links to the story.

http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/index.php/music/

http://tinyurl.com/4mqx9s

Oh, the reporter chose the story name, not me. ;)
Posted: 10/2/2008 11:53:58 AM
Thereminstrel

Thanks, Thomas - that's an excellent article. I really enjoyed reading it through. A nice balance of factual info and your biog details. I imagine you're pleased with how it's turned out; all too often, talking to a reporter can be a minefield, as they're apt to go off, muddle the facts and quote you saying things you never said at all.
Posted: 10/2/2008 12:29:01 PM
Thomas Grillo

Hi Thereminstrel, Yes, you do have to be careful around reporters. Fortunately, this one was very serious about the story, and is a freelance (minimally paid) reporter, which is the best kind to get ahold of in my book, as they care more about reporting a story in an un-distorted fashion than getting big bucks for a quck sensationalistic story. ;)
Posted: 10/2/2008 5:50:21 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Thats a nice article, Thomas .. Congratulations on all you are doing - I am a bit of a sceptic when it comes to "world therminisation" - but I love the idea of a greater diversity of instruments.

And yes - this article is a tribute to your devotion / dedication to the instrument, you have helped many people get their first lessons and get started with the instrument. Well done!
Posted: 10/2/2008 11:40:04 PM
Thomas Grillo

FredM, Thanks for the kind words.
Posted: 10/3/2008 11:13:55 AM
Ernesto mendoza

Congratulations Thomas, you are doing a great job in pro The Theremin.
I wish you all the best in the future and i hope to meet you soon.
Your friend Ernesto.
Posted: 10/3/2008 12:23:55 PM
Thomas Grillo

Ernesto, Thanks. I also look forward to meeting you as well.
Posted: 10/3/2008 10:05:48 PM
Thomas Grillo

The reporter from Jackson Free Press has just given me the full size image from which the little thumbnail image was displayed on the storry. He also authorized me to display the image on my site as long as I gave photo credit. You can see the larger image which shows off the theremin much better at http://www.thomasgrillo.com

I'd post it here, but that ties up bandwidth.
Posted: 10/4/2008 9:11:38 AM
omhoge

Congrats on the press piece Tom.
Hope it helps get more gigs and spread the word for all. Every bit helps!

Just a general note/reminder to the whole gang, please aviod long strings and url-s. They break the layout in smaller views, and takes more admin time, there are suggestions in the forum tips and formatting options pages.

Yes! Hope we all get a chance to meet sometime soon, it would be a blast and really inspiring. If anyone's coming to NYC please let me know.

Posted: 10/4/2008 12:51:18 PM
Thomas Grillo

Thanks Om, If I'm ever in NYC I'll certainly alert you.

I'll head over to tinyurls to fix that long url in a bit. I wondered why that link broke yesterday. Sorry about that.

Keep up the great works.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.