Building a Giant-Sized Theremin Room and we need YOUR help to do it!!

Posted: 8/14/2009 4:34:02 PM
artpop

hello Theremin World People!

I hope this email finds you all well. I am writing from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, with an (potentially) unusual request, but an exciting one!....

Me and some of my friends are contracting two engineer/artists to build a giant theremin room for an International Music Festival that happens in the fall in Montreal every year, Pop Montreal. In order to be able to fund the project, we need to raise $5000 USD. We are currently offering amazing prizes and rewards to folks (including mini-theremin-kits) who pledge money to us through Kickstarter, an amazing website initiative that funds D.I.Y. projects through the help of people all over.

We were wondering if you'd be at all into blogging about this or sending it to a mailing list in case anyone at the Theremin world is interested.

Below you'll find a link to Kickstarter, which explains our project in greater detail, plus more info about us/what we're trying to do. Although our video explains the theremin a bit, it's our artists and engineers who truly understand how it all works.

Thanks so much for considering this, and I hope you are all doing fantastically, marvellously well!

Warm regards, thanks for reading!

Julien Ceccaldi on behalf of Art Pop

Art Pop’s theremin project!

Art Pop and the Symposium are inviting the tag-team of artist/engineers David Beaulieu and Christian Pelletier to this year's Pop Montreal festival to build a giant Theremin room in their headquarters over at l'Espace Réunion.

(click here to see the loudspeaker suit they made for the Jazz Festival of Montreal:

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=fr-CA&brand=sympatico&vid=7180e7ea-c870-4a2a-bed6-149537034fcato

The installation of massive proportions we want them to build will invite festival-goers to participate (alone, or in groups!) in the creation of on-site, mind-blowing music in a room filled with 16 theremin antennas.
We’re asking all lovers of theremins, lovers of art, lovers of interactive experiences, lovers of electricity, lovers of music, land overs of the world everywhere to help us make this project happen by supporting it through Kickstarter, a funding platform for artists, designers, filmmakers, musicians and more.

Check out our kickstarter page,

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gianttheremin/lets-build-a-giant-room-sized-theremin-with-16-an

where you’ll see all the amazing REWARDS we’re offering to people that back this project. Among those, you’ll find:

a limited edition DVD of animations made by local animators
a DIY theremin kit
a hand silk-screened limited edition t-shirt with a theremin on it
an mp3 of an exclusive track from Gentleman Reg or Dishwasher
a VIP Festival Pass to the Pop Montreal International Music Festival
a musical about you and 3 of your friends, written and performed by us.
a custom-made Loudspeaker Suit built by Beaulieu and Pelletier themselves
Posted: 8/16/2009 3:02:24 PM
Thomas Grillo

I wish you all the best with this project.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.