Playing with looping pedals

Posted: 12/30/2006 1:49:03 AM
kkissinger

Once again, I watched Pamelia's video, paying particular attention to her beautiful legato and her use of the volume hand. Well worth watching, despite the pitch fishing.
Posted: 12/30/2006 1:45:34 PM
Alexander

Hey! I'm linked in this thread! Cool!

As it happens I've just purchased an RC-50 myself, and am selling off the RC-20XL. Diggydog, I'm in Bristol, UK - depending on where you're located, if you want it, we could do a deal!
Posted: 12/30/2006 6:22:23 PM
GordonC

Hi Alex!

Love your stuff. Hence the link.

Just a thought - take a peek at http://theremin.org.uk - we're working up a list of thereminists in the UK and providing a place for them to publicise UK gigs etc. (In particular dig down into the FAQ - it's how to join in!)

Er, I'd need to check with J_D, (a co-conspiritor) but I think we still have a few @theremin.org.uk email addys going spare - it'd be cool if we could fit you up with one.

[img]http://myspace-611.vo.llnwd.net/01296/11/65/1296415611_l.gif[/img]
Posted: 12/30/2006 7:13:47 PM
Alexander

Yes, I will do it! OH GOD I LOVE THE SMILEY. He is playing theremin and most satisfied with himself, as one should be.

Such an email address would fill me with joy.
Posted: 1/6/2007 4:55:19 AM
esty0916

So after considering everyones suggestions I've decided that I'm going to purchase the line 6, delay and looper pedal (green one). I'm really excited about. I have another question about that though. I have an Etherwave so other than purchasing the pedal, do I have to purchase other equipment to actually use it? Or do I just plug it in to the amp I'm using??

Thanks
Posted: 1/6/2007 5:26:23 AM
Alexander

You'll have a lot of fun with that Line 6. You don't need to buy anything extra, just plug in as you were :)

My RC-50 arrived yesterday. Woo
Posted: 1/13/2007 2:33:43 PM
Oscar

hello guys!

As said here before(12/23/2006):

"For the moment my taste has turned to a long delay - the boss gigadelay dd20 gived 23seconds - there is a sound-on-sound ability too ion one of its functions. I quite like the organic nature of slowly decaying delays as opposed to the once-there-it-always-comes-back-until-you-stop-it looping. Like riding a wave.
".

I havent understood . What I need to know: is the GigaDelay able to do this effect? Or just the Line6 DL4? I am very interested on loopers but my jamman is unable to do this particular effect: you just stack more and more layers, even in different tracks if you wish, but this fade-out effect that uses Pamelia is not possible with it.

Do you know any other looper at the market able to make this effect of "progression"?
Posted: 1/13/2007 2:39:16 PM
Oscar

Reading again my last post here I see it is not clear enough, so I will make the questions in another way:

Is the GigaDelay able to make that effect Pamelia uses for her solo performances of stacking a number of simultaneous layers with a progressive decay of each one?

And , in any case, Are there other delay/loop foot pedals in the market, apart from the DL4, able to do this?
Posted: 1/13/2007 4:34:34 PM
unclechristo

There is no looper pedal that fades away, as I understand it. I have the Giga delay - it allows adding of tracks and fading away BUT only in delay mode - not in sound-on-sound looping mode.

I like you prefer at the moment for the organic feel of things fading away with time. Only delays do this, and of the delays, the giga delay is the best.

The sound-on-sound looping mode of the Line6 is no different from the same mode in the Giga Delay.

It's easiest to think of delay's as working one way - ie - you can add passes, not remove them and they can fade away, or looping which always comes back.

From what i saw of Pamelia live she only uses loops which come back the same unless she goes down to the unit and fades the volume.
Posted: 1/13/2007 7:35:37 PM
Alexander

Not true, all the Boss loopers have fade functions. You can also fade in with the RC-50.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.