Unconventional Theremin Method Book

Posted: 4/2/2009 7:05:30 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"BTW, Fred - Sorry that your name got some bad PR recently. I know exactly how you feel."

LOL! Gordon, - Perhaps we could sue them for damages!

Booklet + CD is a great idea! - It makes a lot of sence to have a CD 'demonstrating' the method you are describing.. And its a great album anyway.
Posted: 4/2/2009 9:33:04 AM
Thereminstrel

Clearly you've thought about it carefully, and costed thoroughly with the POD route; I never thought otherwise. However, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised by a quote from a local printer for 50 copies - I'm sure it would be less expensive, be postage-free, and keep you in better creative control. Even with the CD included, (an excellent idea) you'd possibly recoup your expenses a little easier.

I've looked again at your Scrib'd version. 20 pages? I can't remember with a booklet whether front/back covers are factored in to the page count - but if they are (and they probably are as it isn't a seperate cover) then it looks as if it would need very little adjustment to work really well (20 pages plus the back/front cover inside and out = 24. Perfect!

I wouldn't mind betting that you could get card cover and still be well under budget.

Anyway, whatever you decide to do, I hope it all goes smoothly and you get the success you deserve!
Posted: 4/2/2009 11:10:48 AM
GordonC

Paul - I've responded by email.

Fred - I have my hit-list already worked out.

1. Whoever invented the Gay Gordons.
2. Jilted John for their eponymous song. (It's not true what they said about Julie either. She's lovely.)
3. Alan Titchmarsh for his involvement in Gordon The Garden Gnome.
4. Gordon Effing Ramsay.
5. Gordano Services. (I'll give them a [i]welcome break[/i].)
6. Gordonstown. (For making a whisky that looks like urine and tastes worse.)
7. The Rev. W. Awdry. (For making Gordon The Big Engine a pompous ass.)
8. Gordon Brown-Nose.
9. All three Hurricane Gordons.
10. Flash Gordon.
Posted: 7/28/2009 8:43:38 PM
GordonC

I just noticed you made this sticky. Thank you, John or Jason.

Just to round it off, here's where one can buy a printed copy, with my first CD.

http://tinyurl.com/beatfreqbook

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.