"Theremin and Justin Timberlake? No way!"...or so I thought...

Posted: 12/13/2006 8:00:42 PM
my name is ed

So.....i'm mulling on how to embellish my myspace account like u do every now and then(cuz that's what us 20 something college students do)... and I come across a friend's page where they have the new Justin Timberlake song "My Love". I'm feelin the bassline, it's addictively catchy for a pop song (as most of his music is) but a while into the song, I notice the hauntig wail of a theremin. I was pretty stoked, cuz I remember hearing a neat version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow on the Theremin accompanied by the piano, (i think it's that rainbow.mp3 that all ya'll have) but i figure you all would be stoked to find that even in 2006, Theremin (theremins? theremi? what's the plural of theremin...?) have found their (its?) way into Pop culture...

ALSO!

i was watching Ice Age:The Meltdown, the computer animated hit from dreamworks, and during the bonus features on the DVD the animated short "No Time for Nuts" features a theremin as part of the sound effects. Check it out, it's short and sweet, and relatively funny.

A hui hou,
(till later)
-edd
Posted: 12/15/2006 9:04:37 AM
DiggyDog

It pops up in the strangest places....

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.