Polyphonic theremin???

Posted: 3/29/2006 11:42:18 AM
dinny

Hi! My name is dinny. I'm 13 years old and I'm from Indonesia.Is it true that there is a polyphonic theremin? If it is true, I want to know the circuit of that polyphonic theremin. Thank you for the attention and I hope somebody can help me by giving me the information.
PS: Sorry for the ugly grammar;)
Posted: 3/29/2006 12:08:24 PM
omhoge

Welcome to Theremin World! What kind of theremin do you have now?
Thank you for helping make our world smaller and closer.

The polyphonic theremin...
It was mentioned in the "Greatest Theremin Virtuosa" video from Moog that Lev had envisioned one. I saw someone's private prototype online [http://www.theremin.nl/jim/jim.html]. But to my knowledge there is not one being produced commercially and haven't seen any plans for it.

Any of you circuitry guys out there have a schematic for this?
Posted: 3/29/2006 10:28:39 PM
Jeff S

At Ether Music 2005 in Asheville, North Carolina (USA), there was a man from New Orleans who brought a polyphonic theremin he had constructed. It was capable of producing up to three voices. There was talk of producing it in kit form as I recall. I have pictures, but alas no way to post them.
No other information or schematics are available.
Posted: 3/30/2006 3:56:49 PM
Kathy

Hi. I'm the wife of "that guy from New Orleans" who built the polyphonic theremin that you saw at Ethermusic 2005. Unfortunately, Katrina claimed that working prototype, but Dan has made improvements to the original and will soon have a better polyphonic theremin available for sale.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.