What do i need?

Posted: 3/27/2007 3:37:14 PM
Thereminsbeuaty

I need to know every single thing I need, to play the theremin.
Posted: 3/27/2007 4:12:30 PM
GordonC

Patience, time, determination, a theremin, an amplifier, cables, electricity, arms, at least one functional ear.
Posted: 3/27/2007 4:20:43 PM
TomFarrell

http://theremin.tomfarrell.org/buyTheremin.html
Posted: 3/27/2007 4:26:20 PM
omhoge

Great resource page TomFarrel thanks.
FYI Last I heard from them, the tVOX Tour is not currently available at all.
Posted: 3/27/2007 7:04:08 PM
GordonC

Indeed. Great resource.

And, Thereminsbeuaty, welcome to Theremin World. :-)

Posted: 3/28/2007 8:41:50 AM
DiggyDog

Don't forget patient family members/roommates...
Posted: 3/28/2007 3:14:27 PM
Thereminsbeuaty

:) ty all so much! great resource. Im glad to be here. I am in a major problem... now im 15 so just listen. i dont know whether to get a theremin, and cables, and speaker, or..... a Wii... my birthday is comeing up so i need to know fast.
Posted: 3/28/2007 8:58:16 PM
kkissinger

[i]"now im 15 so just listen. i dont know whether to get a theremin, and cables, and speaker, or..... a Wii... my birthday is comeing up so i need to know fast"[/i]

The Wii is the "gadget of the year". It will soon be forgotten when the next cool gadget comes out.

To follow your passion, be it music or whatever, will enrich you for the rest of your life.

Does it seem like the first 15 years of your life went fast? The next 15 will go faster!

To follow your passion rather than "the crowd" takes courage. If music and the theremin calls out to you, then go for it.

All the best to you and a warm welcome to Thereminworld.

[i]-- Kevin[/i]
Posted: 3/29/2007 5:55:37 AM
GordonC

One other point that may help you make your decision. Theremins keep their value fairly well. If you buy an etherwave and decide later that it was a really bad idea you can sell it on eBay and [i]probably[/i] get a reasonable chunk of your birthday money back (not all of it, of course) to buy a Wii.
Posted: 3/29/2007 7:19:20 AM
omhoge

Decisions, decisions... major gear investments can be tough when you do not have much time to ruminate your needs and options.

If you had more time, I'd suggest getting one of the existing films, either the slightly misinformed documentary about Lev Thermin or the one from Moog about Clara Rockmore. I'd wanted to get one for a long but after seeing the Rockmore film I knew absolutely it was for me and I had to get my EWPro.

I believe in making music and that the world needs more people playing the theremin and finding their own voice with it, so I'm biased to that option. I'll never regret my choice and the theremin has had a tremendous influence in my life ever since. Please keep us posted.

Sorry, but what is a Wii?

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.