That darned Enkelaar

Posted: 4/16/2007 6:03:47 PM
Thereminhead

Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy my first theremin finally but I've got some questions I hope some of you seasoned thereminists could answer. I want to go with the Kees Enkelaar for the typical reasons (quality, price, good reviews, etc.) but it looks like he's not taking any new orders. I heared this happens once in a while, but I reeeealy want one now. Does anyone know how long his hiatus will last?

Also, I live in the States and the outlet voltage is different in Australia I think. Has he been known to make the appropriate modification by request?

Thanks much!
Posted: 4/16/2007 6:40:21 PM
GordonC

Welcome to Theremin World.

It sounds like you have chronic thereminitis complicated by gratification issues.

I had the same problem. I made Kees's payment page my home page so it got checked every time I opened my browser, and ordered Peter Pringle's DVD (http://peterpringle.com/dvd.html), How To Play The Theremin. It helped a little with the more serious symptoms and after a few weeks Kees was open for business again. Be strong! We know what it's like.

The theremin is shipped without a power supply. Kees will let you know what the requirements are for a wall wart so you can buy one that works.
Posted: 4/16/2007 8:46:07 PM
Jeff S

9 volt, 200 mA, 3.5mm positive tip.
Posted: 4/17/2007 8:51:26 AM
DiggyDog

...or Jeff willl post it here....
Posted: 4/17/2007 11:08:51 PM
sootica

I bought one from him in February. I emailed him and he told me when they would be available again and I got one that day with no problem. The power source is not a problem-- it's just a nine volt battery.
Posted: 4/26/2007 9:45:59 AM
ElectroMungo

Hi I bought one in December 2006 from Kees. Started to watch his PayPal page mid of October and never had the luck to hit a free slot so i decided finally to mail him.

Kees is a very friendly guy and after two or three days he answered my mail and wrote me when he willbe able to produce a Theremin for me. I ordered the Theremin in Novemeber and received it in Germany right after Christmas.
I had no problems with payment or customs.

Kees very friendly explained me all the necessary details via e-mail concerning the power supply and other technical questions. So i would recommend contacting him directly via E-Mail. It is worth it!
Best regards
Arthur

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.