DVD's, Books on technique

Posted: 8/17/2007 12:47:44 AM
Alan_in_CA

I am working up to taking the plunge--I think a Theremax kit will be my birthday present this year--and I have been thinking the instructional videos and book listed below would be nice to have--but they are rather expensive. I wonder if anyone might be willing to rent their copies for a bit, or barring that, to share the cost?

Lydia Kavina "Mastering the Thermin" DVD from Moog $49

Beginning and Advanced Theremin Techniques. DVD format video tutorial featuring Pamelia Kurstin $59 from Moog

The Art of Playing the Theremin
The theremin method by Carolina Eyck [book] $35 from Moog
Posted: 8/17/2007 1:27:38 AM
vonbuck

I'll give you the Pamelia DVD.

Andy
Posted: 8/17/2007 2:43:12 AM
Alan_in_CA

No, that's much too generous; but I would greatly appreciate the loan of it. Please drop me a line at abarbour "at" lightspeed.net
Posted: 9/10/2007 4:25:41 PM
carport888

Ooh, I would love to see the Pamelia DVD...if it's still floating around...if so, email me (carport888 -at- hotmail dot com). Thanks!

Ps. The Peter Pringle one looks cool, too. Anyone have that one for loan or purchase (cheap)?
Posted: 10/13/2007 11:14:39 PM
Strohbie

I'd also be interested if anyone has any instructional DVD's they'd like to sell.
Posted: 10/14/2007 1:45:59 AM
Alan_in_CA

Actually, it is my opinion that the DVD's I have seen are not all that helpful. Thomas Grillo's free YouTube lessons are helpful, and if you can read Spanish, Victor Esparza's FREE method book [downloadable from victoresparza.com] is excellent. Carolina Eyck's method book has good photos, and the Kavina lessons on the Moog DVD are informative--but their style seems much more difficult (with nearly twice as many positions to learn, a "hot" pitch field, and I am sure more stess on the wrist) than the Rockmore-esque "four" position methods. We have been having a discussion of it on the "Clara's Technique" thread.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.