question for Etherwave-Pro owners...

Posted: 1/4/2006 4:20:18 AM
alf

I'm trying to guess how the Etherwave-pro does the threee-ranges switch (low freqs, mid freqs, high freqs), to implement it in my Ethermax, it would be a very nice feature.

So whn you select, for example, "high freqs", do you have still the whole range but the low frequencies are in a very narrow area?
Same with the rest (select low freqs, and you still have all the highs, but the highs are in a very narrow area)?
If it's like that, do you have good linearity (except in the freqs that are in that very narrow area)?

That way, maybe the switch just puts coils in series with the antenna...

And do you have to re-calibrate the pitch antenna when changing from one to another?

Thank you all!
Posted: 1/4/2006 1:02:19 PM
Etherspiel

Alf -

The range switch is nothing more than a pitch-shifter built into the etherwave pro. It literally shifts the sound up an octave when the switch is turned - so the linearity stays exactly the same. What suffers is the sound quality - in the middle and upper range positions, the Epro sounds much more thin and cheap than it does when set to the lowest position.
Posted: 1/4/2006 6:22:49 PM
alf

Mmmmmm....
I really doubt it's a pitch shifter.
I just find it much more reasonable doing it changing the capacitors to change the overall range.

Was that a guess or you really know it's a pitch shifter?

Thanks!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.