Which Theremin to Build? - (No this is not a "I'm new to this thread")

Posted: 3/6/2007 3:30:58 PM
omhoge

>>"So let this be the thread to help people (like me) who want a theremin that they can rely on and have confidence in. "

Honestly, I'd save up and buy an EWPro (or whatever may eventually replace it's slot at Moog).
It's the most stable, versatile instrument out there, IMHO.

I'm a player and composer not an electronics hobbyist, so for me unless I was going to add specific custom mods for particular musical purposes, I don't expect I'd gain much from the kit building process that would benefit my playing.

Kits may be cheaper, but considering the time lag till you're actually learning to play and making music, too costly in the delay for me, I wanted to cut to the chase and play.

I've never regretted getting my EWPro.

As a side note, I had the Volume Mod and Pitch Preview Mod done on it and greatly value both.

good luck and keep us posted!
Posted: 3/6/2007 5:06:53 PM
tatems

Hey there,

Very true. I am also a player and a composer. In fact i am studying composition at the conservatorium here in Brisbane.

If only i could afford a etherwave pro! I'm saving up but in the meanwhile i was just going to build (because i love to).

But that comment was directed towards a theremin that you can build instead of buying an etherwave or the like.

Tatems

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.