Theremax with Lev Antenna - Good mod?

Posted: 4/13/2007 1:52:14 AM
tatems

Hi all. I'm building the Tmax at the moment and i was wondering if the Lev's antenna makes a huge improvement it linearity. I wouldn't be using the spring but i would wind my own coil and attatch an antenna to it. I have seen another thread in which another member had used levs design for both volume and pitch and has reported good results.

Here is the site:
[url]http://www.oldtemecula.com/theremin/ult_antenna/index2.htm[\url]

Any thoughts?
Posted: 4/13/2007 2:02:30 AM
Alexander

Apparently, although I wouldn't mind hearing some mods that make it sound nice!

I've only ever seen a Theremax being played once, and that was in Smegma. Heh, Smegma. They were fantastic.
Posted: 4/13/2007 12:46:10 PM
Parsa

I wouldn't mind knowing more about the antenna and seeing people's photos of how they made one. Christopher sent me some images, but they were not very detailed. The site is also very Zen, which makes it a little hard for someone like me to follow. ;)

Parsa
Posted: 4/13/2007 6:56:52 PM
tatems

I have to agree there. I too find his website quite misleading. Would you beable to send me those photos?

My email is tatems(at)hotmail.com
(replace the (at) with @)
Posted: 4/14/2007 1:25:50 AM
Parsa

I didn't keep them, sorry. Most are the same photos he has on the site, and at the same resolution. Another was Grasshopper's, a poster here.

Parsa

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.