moog melodia theremin

Posted: 7/5/2007 4:29:09 PM
DOMINIK

hi.
on moogarchives i found the schematic of the beautiful melodia. it does seem to be similar to the published article 'transistorized theremin' in 1961. unfortunately the component values are not really readable. i now have done the chassis, and the soldering is being finished, but i have problems with the volume-section. maybe somebody could provide me with the values or a better scan just of the parts list?
thanks
dominik
Posted: 7/12/2007 6:57:01 AM
DOMINIK

I don't need the values anymore.
Posted: 7/12/2007 7:08:04 AM
omhoge

thanks for letting us know.
glad you found an answer, it depends on who happens to be hanging out here for tough ones like this.

Please keep us posted on your project.
It's a unique one to take on.
Posted: 2/16/2009 1:52:47 AM
echoplex

Dominik,
I am thinking about building a melodia. I have the magazine article. Do you have any tips, advice, or modifications regarding the melodia?
thanks,
bret
Posted: 2/16/2009 9:47:26 AM
DOMINIK

hi bret,
for i just wanted the "real thing", i have not incorporated any modifications but one highly recommended: a fixed power supply (7806). it still is a mimosa, sometimes when i put it on the tripod some adjustments have do be done to the coils. behavior and sound hardly depend on the pitch-coils, where i use those small blueish plastic-housed epcos ones. for the variable coils i fabricated something like the originals with my turning lathe. on each end of normal screws i lubricated single available ferrit rings. many different settings are possible and i finally stopped by a range of about just 3 octaves but with a pleasing sound to my ears. the range of volume control is just about 5 centimeters by using the metal plate..
good luck and even more patience to you,
dominik

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.