Moog logo template?

Posted: 4/6/2008 6:51:22 PM
Toffe

I have a sort of stupid question...

I just built an etherwave. It ended up great and with a really nice finish. It´s in light oak, with a polyuretane satin varnish, then buffed up with antique wax. It look sooooo vintage.

But I would love to have a white Moog logo on the bak. To show off that I play a Moog!

Is there some way to get hold of a template that I can put on the back and then paint over to get the logo. Or is there any good stickers for this?
Posted: 4/6/2008 11:21:53 PM
Jeff S

Here are a few options for you.

There are "Moog" stickers you can get from Moog Music that are the Moog name in white on a black background. They often give you one if you purchase something from their online store. Or you can just try asking them for one.
I'd suggest calling them, or have someone do it for you. They don't seem to respond to emails.
In this case you would have to carefully cut out the white letters from the background.

Another option would be to take the sticker, or some other "borrowed" image of the logo to a local copy store or printer and see if they could scan the image and transfer it in white ink onto a clear film with an adhesive backing.
Or, perhaps a local silk-screener could do the same and print it directly on your theremin case for you.

In a pinch, I (or someone else) can recreate a very accurate image of the logo in CAD. I've done something very similar having created a logo for a local heavy metal band. Not ideal, but it works. I know I can convert to JPEG, but that does not give you the sharpest edges on the image. A graphics program would probably be better.
Posted: 4/6/2008 11:27:16 PM
Jeff S

As a matter of fact, I need to do pretty much the same thing.

Some time ago I bought a used Polymoog, and the Moog emblem on the back is damaged. The only difference would be I would need the black background printed on a white, reflective material.
Posted: 4/7/2008 4:08:23 PM
Toffe

Good ideas there Jeff!
If you ever get around doing that CAD logo. Do you think I could snag it from you? I'm no good at CAD myself.

All the best.
// Chris
Posted: 4/7/2008 11:02:02 PM
Jeff S

Sure. Now, I just need to find the sticker I have.

Just so I know....were you looking for the "moog" name logo, or the circle logo? I'll do both just for the heck of it.

I have an Etherwave, but can you give me an idea what size you would like the image?
Posted: 4/8/2008 12:47:05 AM
Toffe

Great Jeff!

I'm thinking something like the one on the back of Thomas Grillo's etherwave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVhlZ-YeVaA
Posted: 4/23/2008 2:51:25 PM
jbloodwo

Also once you have the artwork, if a local sign shop or mall has one of the vinyl cutting machines that make those white vinyl stickers you could yse one of those. if you want it to be painted on have them remove the letters and that would give you a stick on stencil. then some coats of clear polly over that and it should look really nice.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.