Possible EW Modification board - *continuation part 3*

Posted: 9/20/2009 10:58:06 PM
Eddie

Thank you Eddie, for dragging me back here.... Oh I see how you are Fred... LOL

Good to hear that all is getting better there...

Don't you know yet that you are supposed to make 2 prototypes.. One to work with while you lose time playing the other one.....

Have a good one...

Eddie
Posted: 9/21/2009 12:42:09 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"Oh I see how you are Fred... LOL"

8-))
Posted: 9/21/2009 7:44:43 AM
GordonC

[i]I need to discipline myself and stop spending so much of my time playing it[/i]

I'd rather you played with it too much than announced "I've made the world's best theremin. Of course, I've never actually played it, but my test equipment says it's good..."

Delighted to hear your daughter got the all clear. :-)
Posted: 9/21/2009 7:55:06 AM
Thierry

Fred, I'm glad to hear that your daughter could be healed! Such extremely good news show to us, the rest of the world, that most of what we consider to be a problem is not as heavy as we think and we have to be thankful for not being affected so seriously.
Posted: 9/21/2009 7:51:42 PM
teslatheremin

Fred M.,
I know how blessed I have become by having a quite silly and wonderful Woman Loving me for me.
I also never had children of my own.
But, my wonderful Woman suffered much abuse, to bring Her Children into this world. And, one of Her Children has made two little Boys that make me very, very happy!!
I do not know how I would be able to function if one of them was ill.
I can relate to you Fred M.
I can't believe that I would have survived the stress, if I had personally pro-created.
The worry is immense--- even for the two little Boys that have none of my blood-line!
I am greatly gladdened that your Daughter is well, again!
Good Luck!
teslatheremin
Posted: 9/21/2009 10:40:51 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

[i]"most of what we consider to be a problem is not as heavy as we think and we have to be thankful for not being affected so seriously." - Thierry [/i]

Thanks Thierry - I think one thing this does for me is to remind me of what a 'knife edge' we all live on.. Every moment, everything which makes our lives what they are - the people we love - the things we care about - It is all so fragile. One wrong step or even through no action at all, it can all come crashing to an end in moments.

We all live with this, and I think we avoid being aware of this.. It is one of the ways we have of coping and enjoying our lives despite our fragility.. When we have a narrow escape is when the awful truth that everything we value can be gone suddenly - it is joyous to have escaped - but this is tempered by the sobering realization that we might not have..

[i]"I do not know how I would be able to function if one of them was ill.
I can relate to you Fred M.
I can't believe that I would have survived the stress, if I had personally pro-created.
The worry is immense--- even for the two little Boys that have none of my blood-line!" -TT[/i]

Thanks for your good wishes over this time TT.. Amy is not my daughter, but came into my life 8 years ago with her mum.. I have 'blood line' children (5) and can honestly say that it makes absolutely no difference what genes a child has.. A few years of having a child in your family and they are as much "your" child as one you 'co-created' .. Your feelings for your boys are probably no different to what they would be for children of 'your own'... Also, You would cope if the children were ill - We have stuff inside us we do not know about until it is REALLY needed!

Posted: 9/23/2009 2:29:12 PM
djpb_designs

I have the same feeling towards my "furry daughters", also known as my "fan club" when I come home and they know it's feeding time!

My son ... well, gotta love him, but wish he'd work a bit harder at getting a real job. Sometimes the cats seem more ambitious than him!

Don

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.