voltage for theremin buyed from thereminkits.com

Posted: 9/24/2009 7:38:11 AM
anna troisi

Hi,
I've already made and modified, with an help of a friend of mine the kit (buyed from thereminkits.com).

Now I've lost the characteristic of the power adapter. I think 9V to 12V it will be fine but I don't know how to chose the polarity.

Sorry if I'm inexpert to understand it looking a the connection.

Thank you so much for your precious help.

Anna
Posted: 9/24/2009 11:50:29 AM
Thierry

9V - 12V should be fine since their theremin seems to be based on the Silicon chip design. The DC connector has the negative connection on the outer ring and the positive on the center pin. There is a protection diode on the circuit board so there is no risk if you reverse the polarity for a few seconds.
Posted: 9/24/2009 1:48:09 PM
anna troisi

I've already solved the problem using my memory. Anyway thank you so much for your precious help.

Love
Anna
Posted: 9/24/2009 6:13:52 PM
GordonC

Hi Anna,

I just realised where I recognised your name from. Was it Thereannina?

Also, I revisited your mypace page - your stuff is excellent. I'm not sure if I can be in Plymouth for the Peninsula Art Festival next year to see Electroshop, but I'm hoping to be. There is a distinct chance - our son is in his first year at Plymouth Uni (psychology) and it is our daughter's birthday on the Saturday, so we might well take her to see her brother for her birthday.

Do you have any other gigs coming up?

Gordon
Posted: 9/25/2009 5:21:43 AM
anna troisi

Hi Gordon,
it was thereannina YES.

Thank you so much for your exagerated compliments. It could be nece to meet you in Plymouth for that concert, sure!

I've not other gigs coming up because I'mo not looking for gigs at this moment. I'm working as researcher to the University so I've no time to spend out of Plymouth :(

In the lab where I work the team programs for neuroscience and computer music stuff. It is quite complex but vey affascinating.
I'll give you a link: http://cmr.soc.plymouth.ac.uk/

So say good luck to your son...hope he will enjoy the University.

See you soon
Regards,
Anna
Posted: 9/25/2009 6:37:44 AM
GordonC

Now I am also jealous of the technology you work with. :-)

I will pass on your best wishes to Alex.

(It's a small coincidence - I studied computing at Plymouth when it was a polytechnic and now make odd sounds with a theremin.)
Posted: 9/25/2009 6:42:28 AM
anna troisi

:D

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.