modified theremin

Posted: 1/12/2006 9:06:07 PM
coltrane

i got my etherwave back from the Moog factory. they did a volume adjustment so that when the volume control is all the way to the right, it doesnt make a sound until you are about a millimeter or so away from the antenna. with this, you have to put electric tape, or some non conductor, on the antenna so that the pitch does not change when touched. with this, i can achieve more precise and complex articulations - just give me a minute to practice, as i am too busy in school right now to make significant progress. if anyone has any suggestions, especially on learning that aerial fingering technique, or anything else, hit me back.
peace
Posted: 1/12/2006 9:09:27 PM
coltrane

plus i heard about a festival in asheville, nc august 3 - 8. i live a couple hours away in nc so ill probably go.
Posted: 1/13/2006 4:20:00 PM
Jason

Sounds interesting! Can you post links to some sound samples? What type of music are you going to be playing with this configuration?

The Asheville festival will be great. I'm getting some initial information about planning now, and I'll pass it along as soon as I can. Hope to see you there!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.