Help: Multi -Theremens

Posted: 2/9/2006 1:18:46 PM
omhoge

Hey Gang,
Resolving issues in multiple theremin feedback has become a top issue for a lot of the theremin community in NYC. I guess I'm the first to try hitting the forum with it.

Please share how you've resolved multiple theremin feedback issues in a live performance situation. (or not if that was the unfortunate case)

It seems like keeping distance between them is a start, but I'm not an engineer and need advice with the electro-etc. factors.

much appreciated!

ps oops shoulda spell checked the title sorry.
Multi-Theremins!
Posted: 2/23/2006 9:06:27 PM
DiggyDog

ONe of my bands had two theremins and they have yet to ever interfere with each other.

Mine is an Etherwave Standard while the other is a little single antenna noise machine.

I get more interference from the guitar player and audience members stepping into my control zone then I do from the second theremin.

Posted: 2/24/2006 8:22:48 AM
DiggyDog

I would also think that you would want to plug them into separate outlets.
Posted: 2/24/2006 9:38:49 AM
omhoge

From what I'm hearing proximity seems to be the key factor. It seems that multiple moogs are tough since they all seem to use the same frequency. The guy at Moog told me it was all about distance between instruments and tightening the playing field as much as possible. Other experts have suggested building RF shields around each player but that's not very practical for the typical gig and venue.

For now it remains yet another unpredictable factor in playing the ether.

Thanks for the thoughts!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.