World Thereminization - Shout Out to FOT

Posted: 1/25/2006 8:57:34 AM
omhoge

In the interest of World Thereminization:
Any Friends of the Theremin members here?
I've been trying to find out how to join, if English speakers even can at this point.

There seems to be A LOT of ether activity in Japan and I'm hoping ThereminWorld and the rest of us can tap into it more.
Posted: 3/3/2006 2:43:59 PM
omhoge

So nobody's out there? :~(
Posted: 3/4/2006 6:29:55 AM
Charlie D

Might I ask *why* you would want to join the Friends of the Theremin? Unless you can read Japanese then you'd be better off using the English equivalent - Levnet (which is, incidentally subtitled 'Friends of the Theremin')

I have however been able to lift the following information from their (entirely Japanese) website. There is no mention of any nationality regulations for entry, but to join you must e-mail:

theremin@workroom.co.jp

With your contact details and a clear indication that you would like to become a FOTT (I would expect they'd only reply to e-mails written in Japanese though, seeing how the entire website is in Japanese). There is also a fee to join - 2000 yen (about $18). This cost allows you to pay to attend the 'salons' held by other members, and to access their noticeboard at the website. Which I can only assume is in Japanese.
Posted: 3/6/2006 12:26:18 PM
omhoge

thanks for the info.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.