Etherwave Pro arrives!!!!!!!

Posted: 6/30/2006 4:35:54 PM
Charlie D

Schielenkrahe, you're bang on with your E'Pro analysis, although I'd say that the professional appearance and craftmanship of the E'Pro is what really does it for me - The Pro actually looks like an instrument, whereas the Standard looks too much like some bizzare sort of homemade radio or hatstand than an actual instrument (forgive me, Bob Moog!).

One thing I appreciate about the E'Pro however is the playability across the whole range - on the Pro you can really exploit the lower and higher registers in ways that you simply *cannot* on the Standard, either by using the register selector, or by exploiting what is undeniably a superior playability in the upper and lower echelons of the instrument's range.
Posted: 7/5/2006 3:59:29 AM
marxc2001

You lot are really selling one of these to me, you know! Time to start saving the pennies ;-)

CharlieD - you're a Brit - where did you source yours from? Turnkey? If so, what sort of price range (including shipping if monstrously high) are we talking?

Many thanks in advance,

MC
Posted: 7/5/2006 8:02:33 AM
theremind

(sorry for anticipating you answer, charlie)

even though i am not a brit, i got my pro from turnkey. it was at the end of 2005 when they had a stock clearance regarding it. it was really strange (maybe some of us remember the discussions): they were dropping the price on and on, and i got mine for an incredible £375.
but i am afraid it was the last one and they discontinued providing the etherwave pro in november 2005.

but this source seems to be at least reasonable:
http://www.instrumentpro.co.uk/C-Theremins

robert
Posted: 7/5/2006 10:20:12 AM
marxc2001

Argh - that's annoying (for me, that is!) but I couldn't have bought one then anyway (just got a luuveerly viola...cost a bit more than £375!) - I've just tried the instrumentpro.com (and the .co.uk variant). The unfortunate thing is that they wouldn't ship a E-Standard to me, and I've just checked, and they won't ship an EPro either - if someone can tell me what the restrictions are, I'd love to know, but still, E-Standard is very nice (Rockmore didn't have pitch-range shift!) - also, schielenkrahe (anyone else get that joke? - I didn't, but a German friend of mine who was shoulder-surfing at the time wet herself laughing...) thanks for your honest review of EPro.

My main interest for getting an EPro is so that then I can start modding my E-Standard without fear!

Many thanks,

Mark.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.