Lydia Kavina has moved to England

Posted: 2/4/2007 7:20:52 AM
Jason

Lydia wrote to tell me she and her family have moved to Abingdon, Oxon. Her husband George has taken a new job there. I don't know yet if she'll be teaching theremin or what her theremin activities will be going forward, but I hope this is great news for her as far as being able to travel outside Russia easier.
Posted: 2/4/2007 1:51:04 PM
jeshum

From http://www.lydiakavina.com/master.html

"2007
England 2007
London
Theremin workshop and individual lessons in England
Please mail to Lydia Kavina [info@lydiakavina.com] for further information and registration."

--
Jessica

Posted: 2/4/2007 8:25:17 PM
GordonC

I had the pleasure of visiting Lydia yesterday along with Bruce Woolley and going to see Charlie D play in Bristol. (Charlie had no idea! You should have seen the look on his face when Lydia Kavina turned up at his front door. It was wonderful.)

She is certainly available for private tuition for anyone able to travel to Abingdon, and is currently arranging a workshop in London in the not too distant future, courtesy of the Royal Academy. She will also be conducting a master class and performing at Hands Off 2007, the UK theremin symposium. It is likely there will also be opportunities for private lessons at that time.

Lydia will be in the UK for at least two years.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.