Etherwave Pro feature change

Posted: 2/8/2007 4:03:46 PM
Thomas Grillo

I just became an E Pro user today, and discovered that they have made a slight change to the headphone side of the instrument. On early Pros, there was a pitch preview fade in when when your hand was close to the pitch antenna when you used headphones.

This feature has been removed according to the manual. Perhaps it was messin' with people's mind when playing with headphones, and maybe did not want preview going all the time.

I did notice that you gan still have pitch preview by using the tuner jack with an ear bud. Works just great.

The Etherwave Pro is truely a work of performing art.

I got one of the last of the black plastic backed cabinets.
Posted: 2/8/2007 6:20:41 PM
vonbuck

mm, mine is an early one over two years ago, and i never had this feature
Posted: 2/8/2007 7:47:25 PM
Thomas Grillo

Must have been something only the first batch had, or they thaught they were going to use it, and changed their minds before the manuals got printed. There was a manual sheet that mentioned this feature was removed in mine. Oh well, I like the method of pitch preview it does offer because I can allways put a pitch preview in one ear, and the regular audio in the other if the folks nextdoor complain.
Posted: 2/9/2007 12:42:01 AM
Jeff S

Thomas - The headphone "preview" feature was never incorporated in any of the production E-Pro's. The manual was printed before the decision was made to drop this feature. The change was documented in an addendum to the manual. BTW...my E-Pro is number 007.

The only problem with using the tuner output as a pitch preview is that it doesn't mirror the actually output pitch at every range setting. That may still be the case, unless they decided to change it somewhere along the line, but I've not heard any mention of it. I had to have Moog Music rewire the tuner output on my E-Pro so that it matched the actually output pitch in all range settings. Much better.
Posted: 2/9/2007 9:31:30 AM
Thomas Grillo

I thaught that might be the case. I did notice that the current preview method only matches pitches exactly when using the highest register, which is what I mainly use anyway as that gives me the full range.

The octave missmatch is not to bothersome to me on the lower registers, allthough now that I know Moog Music can change this from what you said, I may decide to have that done as well if the missmatch gets too bothersome.
At least we have "some" form of preview.

That's a cool sereal number 007.
Posted: 2/9/2007 11:51:59 AM
virani

what's your number thomas ? Is it close to 1000, as there is supposed to be only 1000 Pro ?
Posted: 2/9/2007 12:53:14 PM
Thomas Grillo

Oddly enough, evin though mine was built this week, and sent to me a couple of days ago, the sereal number of my Pro is low. It's 0402.

I'm guessing they had a few older black backs remaining, and grabbed one of those for mine. Who knows.
Posted: 2/9/2007 1:02:47 PM
Charlie D

Are you sure they didn't just send you an older one?
Posted: 2/9/2007 1:21:14 PM
Thomas Grillo

That's entirely possible.
Posted: 2/9/2007 1:26:29 PM
Thomas Grillo

I feel that it is brand new at least on the inside because for severl hours I could smell the chemicals that went into the finnish, and other things smelled as if it were just built.

I'm going to check into that with Moog Music though.

Hey, as long as it works, right?

Oh, I just scared the daylights out of my poor chihuahua, and knocked several plastic smace models off a shelf, and cracked a window when I ran my audio through a subwoofer a little while ago. I set my theremin to one of the quieter timbres, and maxed the equalizer. Unlike my standard, this thing can really generate some true low frequencies that you will feel.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.