Theremin Player Needed for Boston area!

Posted: 7/1/2008 9:00:45 AM
Suzzy Cromwell

Hello Theremin World Members --

My name is Suzzy Cromwell, and my husband and I have been awarded a cultural grant to screen films of our choice in Lowell, MA (north of Boston). One of the films we've selected is "Theremin: An Electronic Odyssey." We would like to incorporate a performance/discussion into the program by a theremin performer. If you are in the Boston area and are interested, please contact me. The date of the performance would be Thursday, Nov. 13, in Lowell, MA. I can give full details! This will be a paid performance -- I will need to solidify a performer in the next two weeks. Thank you all for any help or suggestions. -- Suzzy C.
Posted: 7/1/2008 11:54:37 AM
Thierry

Hi Suzzy,

I really would like to do this job, but it seems that France is a little bit far away from you.

So be patient, there are lots of Thereminists from your area present here in the forum and one of them will be ready to this.
Posted: 7/1/2008 12:47:41 PM
phd_bachelor

Suzzy,

I can play a few classical lounge favorites quite well. If interested, please let me know how to contact you.

Thanks
Michael
Posted: 7/1/2008 1:38:21 PM
omhoge

Welcome to ThereminWorld Suzzy Cromwell, sounds like a fun program, good luck and please let us know how it goes.

Also Welcome phd_bachelor! Where have you been lurking? We'd love to hear more about your theremin work, feel free to tell us about yourself in the
Roll Call! - 2008 - Part 2 (http://www.thereminworld.com/forum.asp?cmd=p&T=3348&F=557) Forum.

Happy Summer Thereminizing everybody.
Posted: 7/1/2008 4:18:01 PM
Suzzy Cromwell

Hi, Everyone!
Wow! I got such quick and favorable responses ... and even from FRANCE! I am following a lead right now on a wonderful local thereminist out of Somerville, MA. I will keep the forum posted -- but thank you ALL for your support and enthusiasm! I'll be on the forum again soon to explore the local (Boston) theremin scene. If there IS one, please someone, let me know about it. Many thanks! - Suzzy C.
Posted: 7/1/2008 6:07:36 PM
GordonC

Hi Suzzy,

If there isn't, there's sure to be after your presentation!

Searching for bands that have the word theremin in the Band Members section of their myspace profile and are in Massachusetts suggests there are thirty bands that have a theremin of some sort amongst their armoury, are mostly within travelling distance and can be reached directly through mySpace. :-)

Click (http://searchservice.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=sitesearch.results&qry=theremin&type=Music&loc=Massachusetts%20&ordby=5&gen=0&srchby=3&d=50) for search results.

(Changing the keyword to theramin returns another eight. Twelve more mention theremin in the Band Bio, and another three misspell it in the bio. That's, uh, fifty three if there's no duplicates who have a myspace profile and bother to mention their instruments. I'd think about setting up a profile for the event, adding them and putting a tasteful little poster in their comments space.)
Posted: 7/2/2008 7:05:25 AM
Jon B

[i]I am following a lead right now on a wonderful local thereminist out of Somerville, MA.[/i]

Whistles innocently (and modestly)...
Posted: 7/2/2008 8:27:30 AM
Merula

If the theremin player from MA doesn't work out I'm a thereminist from Connecticut. I'm about 2 hours away from Boston.
Posted: 7/2/2008 10:00:32 AM
vonbuck

Hi Merula,
Where in Ct.? I grew up near New Haven, now i live in Wolcott, a little north of Waterbury.

Andy
Posted: 7/2/2008 11:29:50 AM
Thomas Grillo

I'd certainly jump at such an opportunity, but I'm all the way down here in dixie land. Best wishes for a great show!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.