Apology to everyone at TW.

Posted: 6/16/2009 11:25:01 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Folks,

There have been some 'gently hostile' postings over the last few months, aimed at me.

I know that for every person who expresses their hostility / dissapointment / impatience, there are others who feel this way but do not express their feelings.

I am REALLY sorry that it has taken me so long to come up with "the goods".. I am REALLY sorry that I get over-enthusiastic and excited, and share my ideas too openly -

I am REALLY sorry that TT has been let down by the fact that he has not recieved his free evaluation unit yet.. and chooses to use this fact as a "Red Herring" (in his mind this probably means I am talking about a communist herring) to detract attention away from my HIS APPALLING RUDENESS to a new TW member.

[i]"It is interesting, however, that many of us here at Theremin World got all fired up to help someone who wants to make a Theremin sound with the complete control of touch." - TT [/i]

IF my reason for being a part of TW was to decieve people, I would not behave the way I do.. From a business perspective, I am a fool - I take sides in arguments, express my political opinions, share ideas which I would be wiser to keep secret, and am MYSELF.. Everything I have said here, and every plan I have expressed here, has been genuine and truthfull.

But I have been WRONG at times, I have believed that I had product nearly ready to roll, when I didnt.. I have grossly underestimated the complexity of what I was aiming for, and probably overestimated my ability.. Things have (and are) taking / have taken a [b]lot [/b] longer than I expected.

And for this I am truly sorry.
Posted: 6/17/2009 12:28:16 AM
Thomas Grillo

Fred, You needn't apologize for these things. From what I've seen of many of your posts, you've let people know when delays happen, and kept people up to date on your projects.

You've not only been facing technical, and logistical problems, but medical problems as well. All of which I'm more than familiar with here. Especially after spending the last few months on production of a dvd which was just like producing a motion picture. I'd get to a point where I thought I was ready to release, and find something needed adressing, and had to push back release by weeks at a time.

Fred, rest easy in knowing that I, and many others here at TW stand with you, and we know that when you're ready to release your products, they'll have been well worth the wait. Don't rush on our account. Take your time.

Keep up the great works! :)
Posted: 6/17/2009 7:32:53 AM
Thierry

Fred, that's ok! But instead of apologizing in public, you'd rather take your soldering iron and continue the work... :-)))

Don't care about what others say. A German proverb says: "Why should the oak tree care about every pig rubbing against it?"

I think that the people who ordered one of my new EPVM1345 modules some weeks ago will be really surprised finding them finally in their mailbox next week...

Back to your development: During the months of July and August I will have less work. If there is something I could help you with, please let me know, as long it is not a curve regression through an insufficient number of points... ;-)

Posted: 6/17/2009 10:08:40 AM
Jeff S

Fred - Let me join the chorus. I hope that is not the case for most of us. I think the vast majority here support you and have patience.

In any endeavour, you will always have a few detractors. There is nothing that can be done about it. You're just not going to be able to please everyone.

Please do not allow the naysayers to deter you.
Posted: 6/17/2009 2:47:20 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Thank you, Thomas, Thierry + Jeff..

[i]"Fred, that's ok! But instead of apologizing in public, you'd rather take your soldering iron and continue the work... :-)))" - Thierry [/i]

You are right (again!) Thierry.. I have seen the time I spend on TW and Levnet as "constructive R+R".. But I realise that I am spending too much time on this "R+R" and much of what I spend time posting about could be equally or better dealt with by someone else.

I am therefore going to try to cut back a bit on the time I spend here. (difficult it is - TW has become something of an addiction! :)

Thank you for your offer of help, Thierry - I wish you lived a little closer.. I had a bug in my (simple) maths routine which took me 2 days to find - I am sure you would have laughed at what I was trying to do, and fixed the problem in a few minutes! - I HOPE to have everything running by the end of this month, and be at the final 'system integration' stage.. But IF I am not at this stage, I may well be in trouble and in need of all the help I can get!
Posted: 6/19/2009 7:20:20 PM
teslatheremin

FredM,
Nothing about the last posts that I have made here on this link were about your efficiency to design, and then produce a great playable Theremin! I am not a foot-stamping impatient materialist! I understand that you will design and produce what you can as you may.
I believe in your abilities. If I had a thousand Euros,(or US$2000.00, for that matter), I would gladly send it to you and perhaps, become an investor in your company.
I was not rude, I fell asleep. The music on his page was not my 'cup of tea', but put me to sleep. I do not sleep well. Anything that gets me to sleep is 'Mana' to me. For you to feel badly about my words instead of thinking about what they meant seems to be an intrinsic problem with email, blogging, and posting.
And, perhaps being a sensitive man; no harm in that!
Fred M, if you could have seen my face as I spoke those words as I was typing them, you would have seen humor, not ridicule.

And, if I have offended anyone recently here on Theremin World, with full heart, I apologize!

Good Luck!
teslatheremin

Posted: 6/19/2009 7:50:39 PM
Jeff S

[edit] OT sleep apnea info moved here (http://www.thereminworld.com/forum.asp?cmd=p&T=4047&F=808) to save space.

End of public service announcement.
Posted: 6/20/2009 9:04:52 PM
teslatheremin

JeffS,
Thanks for the information about 'Sleep Apnea'.
I do not have this disorder, that seems to have been thrown into the public eye of late.
I have trouble falling to sleep. I have an active mind that takes time to power down and embrace sleep.
Once, I find sleep, I sleep deeply and well. I wake up refreshed.
I have recently pared my caffeine intake, because I am madly in love with coffee.
I appreciate your concern. :)
Good Luck!
teslatheremin
Posted: 6/23/2009 6:49:39 PM
teslatheremin

Fred M,
Where are you here?
Do you accept my apology?
Good Luck!
teslatheremin
Posted: 6/23/2009 6:56:42 PM
Thierry

[i]I have trouble falling to sleep. I have an active mind that takes time to power down and embrace sleep.[/i]

I Know that! That's how the EPVM1345 module has been created...

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.