Tuning issue - my theremins is way too high

Posted: 7/6/2009 9:02:32 PM
neurocelso

I'll try this way tomorrow... now it's 3:00 a.m. here... I don't wanna wake up anyone here, they already hate me because I just moved in here and I made a lot of noise for the works in the house :D .... thanks again, I'm not feeling alone in this kinda magic path, and I hope I can give you somethin in exchange one day :)
Posted: 7/7/2009 6:42:03 AM
GordonC

[i]I'm not feeling alone in this kinda magic path[/i]

Yes, welcome to the not-so-Ancient And Honourable Fraternity Of Thereminists. Aligning your coils is the first and easiest stage of your initiation. The next, and harder, step is to align your chakras, become as one with your instrument (*) and share with us the transcendent experience we call playing the theremin.

(*) Or, as you are a neuroscientist, develop the neural pathways for hand/ear coordination and practice attaining the right combination of alpha and beta rhythms for relaxed alertness.

(By the way, a microphone stand would be better than your keyboard stand - less metal near the pitch rod and volume loop. This might be related to your tuning issue - a conductive mass near the antenna with make the field increase in size.)
Posted: 7/14/2009 2:13:15 PM
neurocelso

first of all thaks to everyone for the kindness and *cking good expertise! : ISSUE SOLVED :)

well it was ... the keyboard stand :0)

I've put it on the most a-magnetic thing I have in my house (a big box with many rubik's cubes insede.. et voila! tune fixed

about the neuroscietist stuff: yesterday I was in a meeting talking about mirror neurons (wiki it if you don't know what are they, sure fun for the thereminists... and the theremin popped out spontaeusly and in 10 mins we were alla watching Clare Rockmore and... ME :D

thaks again
Posted: 7/14/2009 4:18:48 PM
GordonC

Hahaha! Cool. Hurrah for youTube - without seeing your set-up we would have got you to tune your theremin to suit the keyboard stand, which would have foxed you later when you put it on something else. And I guess your volume field was rather enlarged too - I imagine staccato would have been nigh on impossible.

Mirror neurones. Interesting. As a William Burroughs fan I wonder if the mirror neuron system is involved in the condition called Latah.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.