Theremin Maestro

Posted: 3/12/2011 5:39:26 PM
noblehouse1841

I have researched as much as I can but can't find more than superficial information and links. I have a Maestro Serial Number C 0101. How many were made? Where were they made? What do the serial numbers mean? Etc. Anything would be of help.
Posted: 3/13/2011 2:56:27 PM
Touchless

noble said:
[i]can't find more than superficial information and links[/i]

Did you really look? moog archieves (http://moogarchives.com/maestro.htm)

The questions you ask sounds like you might want to take it over to Pawn Stars in Vegas. I asked my work associate George and he tells me the Maesto has great nostalgic value for early Moog collectors, but many have been available over the years. The Maesto has little value as a desirable theremin instrument.
Posted: 3/13/2011 3:20:18 PM
noblehouse1841

The first place I looked was the Moog Archives and there was really no in depth information about the Maestro.

If you're talking about price, I found a Maestro that just sold in January for $1,300.00 as well as ones that have sold within the last year for $400 and $500. Your friend should really have a clue before saying something is basically worthless. Value not something I was asking nor really care about as at this point I have no intention of selling.

I just wanted to know about where this came from? when it was made? how many were made? etc. It is an interesting piece of musical history that I want to know more about.
Posted: 3/13/2011 5:28:43 PM
Touchless

noble,

Today is Sunday and we are having a loud block party that the wave action here at our west coast beach stayed relatively calm. The BBQ is fire up and my friend George has had a couple of beers, really I think more. The first “value” he mentioned in that post was about nostalgia and the second “value” he mentioned was about the desirability of a decent Thereminist wanting to play that particular model. Money was never mentioned.

The schematic is available on that link which is “not” superficial and this revealed to George that I should only consider this model as a collectable.

Then in your next post you mention $500 and so I will mention that would buy a New EW Standard and the Amp to go with it. I have just started research the past week on what theremins are available. I don’t really care for the EWS while it seems the market is waiting for something new to show up.

[i]My friend should have a clue?[/i] Well he did when arrived but I don’t know about now.
Posted: 3/13/2011 5:49:42 PM
noblehouse1841

True, the schematic is great if your Maestro is not working. But outside of that and some pictures, there is nothing, which is why I posted here.

Like you, I live on the coast in Northern California, on the shore actually, so have been watching the Tsunami reports closely.

Like any instrament that is 40 years old, there have been inprovements but still the debate over analog versis digital. But it is also the difference between and Strad and a modern violin. Appreciate the time and comments, have a good barbie.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.