What did your friends and family thought when...

Posted: 6/29/2011 8:54:51 AM
Amethyste

What did your friends and family thought when you decided to embark yourself onto the Theremin journey? My friends were puzzled - because they didn't know what a Theremin was. My family, well - both my parents are gone so I guess they are cringing from above lol. But I did hear often, "why this instrument?" "Why not a cello or continue with voice?" "Why are you doing this when your life is already so busy?"

And the list goes on...

Posted: 6/29/2011 4:22:13 PM
Thierry

I didn't want people to guess around why I'd chosen this instrument or why it had chosen me...

... so I told everybody that it was intended to help me mastering my midlife crisis. No more questions then.
Posted: 6/30/2011 2:56:05 AM
randulph

Hmmh, if you put it that way, this seems to be true for me as well. Only I think it's more like covering up one crisis with a succession of others.

Anyway, I like doing something "special". Even though I'm happy to play the theremin only for myself and rarely play together with some very special persons.

A lot of people know what I'm doing but few of them have actually heard me. I guess that's why people still consider themselves to be my friends ;-).

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.