Elysian Theremin? Anybody?

Posted: 2/27/2005 8:50:53 PM
Jason

The Elysian was originally made by Longwave Instruments in the UK. The company later changed names to Rosedene Audio, but it seems to be defunct now. Their website was http://www.fullerton.demon.co.uk/, but today it just shows a logo and not much else.

Anyone know what happened to Longwave/Rosedene?
Posted: 2/27/2005 9:20:38 PM
ThereMan

i see...i did a little research and i guess it is supposed to work with midi...and i thought it had no volume antennae but i guess it has a plate used for volume...anyone know about the quality?
Posted: 2/28/2005 10:44:32 AM
regmtait

I bought an Elysian Theremin some time ago, after owning an (earlier) Longwave instruments Theremin from the same company. I had a number of issues with it, including the build quality (e.g. the mic stand socket was a badly-angled-welded nut on the bottom) and a delay in the response of the volume anntena, which made it totally unplayable, for me at least. Yep, the volume antenna is a plate, and plays closer-louder (the reversal of the standard way). The instrument met a sorry end by getting mysteriously lost in the mail. Bit of a shame as I really liked my first Longwave one.
Anyway, I immediately replaced it with an Etherwave, which was a very, very wise move.
Posted: 3/1/2005 6:17:06 PM
ThereMan

thanks for the info, for a piece of junk it sure was going for a high price

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.