Sigh, ignore below.... anyways, problem with Etherwave, heh..

Posted: 3/26/2005 2:06:55 PM
Raph

Okay. I've completed everything in the instructions (besides putting the top part of the case on). I am using headphones temporarily until I get my amp on Monday, just to see if it works. Also, I am not sure of the placement of the two wire that connect to the phone jack, though the result is the same either way. Now, the problem. It seems that both antennas only have a space of a couple of inches around them where they work properly (and I have messed with the knobs).for the pitch antenna, when you touch it, you get a high note, and the pitch will drop until about an inch away, when it starts going up again. The volume antenna does this as well, where the volume gets higher about two or three inches away, but gets lower when you take your hand away. I have no idea what I did or am doing wrong... any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Raph.
Posted: 3/26/2005 4:13:28 PM
Jeff S

Raph - I'm no expert, but it sounds like you might need to adjust the the core in a couple of coils. Hopefully someone who knows more about this will chime in.
Posted: 3/26/2005 10:13:03 PM
DiggyDog

Your are right. This has been written about before and the fix is easy. I would search thru the forums to see if the answer is there.

Good luck.

It sounds like you are almost there!
Posted: 3/26/2005 10:31:15 PM
Raph

Okay. I'm getting there! I looked really closely at the documentation, and found it was just a matter of messing with the L5 and L6 bits on the circuit board with that red tool they provided. Getting those two to the proper position is probably one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do. Gahhh! I can always get it so the zero point occurs at the right time, but then the pitch is wrong... then when I mess with it, it suddenly jumps up ridiculously high.... Of course, this may be easier when my amp ships, I'm just impatient, haha. Ah well, thanks for the help, if anyone has any advice on messing with those guys, let me know, and thanks, I really appreciate all the help.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.