"It Came From Outer Space" on TCM tonight

Posted: 6/30/2005 12:22:34 AM
TomFarrell

It is, on the other hand, a kinda boring movie.

Of course, it's somewhat more interesting in 3D, and it has the guy who played the Professor in Gilligan's Island in a small role.

But, it has the feeling of a short story that was made into a feature length film but just didn't have enough plot to fill it out well.
Posted: 6/30/2005 8:24:22 AM
Jason

I had forgotten just how cheesy some of the dialog was...

"He's not just strange... he's lonely... an individual. Thinks for himself."

Last night, they played "Earth vs. the Flying Saucers", which despite having more flying spaceships and tension, has no theremin (as far as I could tell). I haven't seen any news reports yet of theremins being used in the new "War of the Worlds" coming out this weekend, but wouldn't it be nice if they tossed in a theremin cameo somewhere just as a tip of the hat to these old flicks?
Posted: 7/1/2005 4:45:27 AM
allawer1972

have you ever heard the theremin parts in
"The Day the Earth Stood Still"? Eerie indeed!
In my opinion the best in a sci-fi movie.
Posted: 7/1/2005 6:42:08 AM
Jason

I definitely agree - TDTESS is probably the best theremin score in a film to date.

Another fun one is Rocketship XM. There's a scene where the main characters are walking around Mars to the tune of 3 layered theremins. I won't spoil the ending... I'll just say it's not quite what you might expect.

These are all listed in our films shop, by the way ;)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.