question from a rookie

Posted: 10/28/2005 9:55:23 AM
Jason

File under "Everyone can be an innovator" :)

I like the idea. I wonder if you won't miss the ability to play expression with the volume antenna though. Any chance you could ask them to give you a switch so you could toggle back and forth between these modes?

I can imagine using your first two fingers in a "V" form, one above and one below the volume antenna and flipping them back and forth quickly to get really fast staccatto notes. Very cool.

I'm giving you homework - I want to hear "Flight of the Bumblebee" on your hotrodded Etherwave!

Posted: 10/28/2005 12:29:58 PM
coltrane

Whats up man, Im actually from nc myself. So now Im concerned that I wont be able to glide through fast passages smoothly. I asked the technician if it would be possible to modify it such that when one finger is resting on the antenna, it will still produce a new sound if I put another finger down but he said no. So Im worried that everything will sound too separated. But I still am going to carry through with the idea. Anyone have any suggestions on how to achieve that?
Posted: 10/28/2005 3:09:36 PM
theremind

hey coltrane,
try this:
you have either to mount your etherwave on a low mic-stand or get a high stool and and some kind of foot stool in order to bring your thigh into a horizontal position.
whilst sitting down, put your knee directly under the volume loop, distance about 2 inches. then set the volume response all the way up ("hot").
with this arrangement you are able to tap the rhythm on your knee instead of tapping it on the antenna.
this is preferable, because tapping on the volume antenne would cause the etherwave to wobble terribly and thus make you unable to play exact (especially fast) melodies.

(this is only a variation of pamelia kurstins amazing "plucking approach")

robert

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.